new best 1/8 tonight..

Ooops, better not tell that to my car...lol I get it out on the street pretty often to mess around with the Mustangs and LS1s. That is one reason I stayed with the hyd cam and unported heads. Nothing special in the engine except the basics.

At 20 psi and a good track I would say consistant 9.8-9.9 without alky.
Your car is bas a$$. Im stating about the majority. You have one of the best running combos on here if not the best for a TR that sees a lot of street use.

i actually meant to ask it to the guys that are running in the mid to high nines on 20-23 psi of boost.

33 psi of boost sounds realistic on a 250 inch motor with 6 holes. to go nines with a 3500 lb brick
Nitrous is highly unlikely in the previously mentioned cars. They have the combo dialed in and it just plain works.

Nordy if you have not already tried 29" tall tires it might be worth a try, it may increase your mph and lower et. Just a thought.

had 28's on the car for the longest time... we then went to 29's, and the car didn't like it hooking.. now i have 28.5 and the car loves them..

had 28's on the car for the longest time... we then went to 29's, and the car didn't like it hooking.. now i have 28.5 and the car loves them..

You must be running the Firestone/Phoenix 28.5 by 10.5". I have found them to be the best hooking tire in that size "period". I have been using that size on my bracket firebird for years because that's the largest size tire I can fit in the stock size wheel opening.:D

PS: with the Phoenix and a 2800 rpm foot brake launch the firebird would pull mid 1.4's 60 fts. all the time. Oh and I had 3.70 gears (ford 9" w/locker) in the firebird, Buick has a completely stock rear.

You must be running the Firestone/Phoenix 28.5 by 10.5". I have found them to be the best hooking tire in that size "period". I have been using that size on my bracket firebird for years because that's the largest size tire I can fit in the stock size wheel opening.:D

PS: with the Phoenix and a 2800 rpm foot brake launch the firebird would pull mid 1.4's 60 fts. all the time.

YEP :biggrin: ... i use to run Mickeys and this is my frist time with the Phoenix's.. not even the second time out on them i pulled 1.44 60fts.. they have about 40 runs on them now and look at those 60fts, it's getting better.. did you notice that they are 11in wide and not 10.5 like the Mickeys..

i'm going to stick with them now :)

They will hook until the threads show or close to the threads, I have also tried Goodyear 28 by 11's on the firebird and they don't even come close in the hook department.

PS: I think if you read the fine print, they say the tire thread is 10.8" wide if I remember correctly.

YEP :biggrin: ... i use to run Mickeys and this is my frist time with the Phoenix's.. not even the second time out on them i pulled 1.44 60fts.. they have about 40 runs on them now and look at those 60fts, it's getting better.. did you notice that they are 11in wide and not 10.5 like the Mickeys..

Those are the best hooking slicks i have ever used on a TR. They work great. The actual height is 29.1 i believe. I went 11.88 with the stock turbo on those. 1.59 60ft on a 112 mph pass. You need to leave at higher boost levels to get them to work better than a shorter slick in less modified cars with barely adequate stall speeds. Otherwise flat footed t-brake launches at 15-18 psi with good suspension and well prepped track you are looking at high 1.30's in a 650+hp TR.

Those are the best hooking slicks i have ever used on a TR. They work great. The actual height is 29.1 i believe. I went 11.88 with the stock turbo on those. 1.59 60ft on a 112 mph pass. You need to leave at higher boost levels to get them to work better than a shorter slick in less modified cars with barely adequate stall speeds. Otherwise flat footed t-brake launches at 15-18 psi with good suspension and well prepped track you are looking at high 1.30's in a 650+hp TR.

i think every car is different.. this 1.35 60ft time was at lower boost, around 12 to 13psi.. anytime i launch higher in the 16 to 18 range i only pull 1.44 to 1.50's.. the only thing that sucks around here is that you DO NOT get anytime to play with your launching ..the most you get is about 3 runs a night..
i'm signed up for a track rental next month thats limited to 100 cars.. i plan on get this 60ft thing down to a tee by the end of the day :). this car should pull 1.30's i would think..

i think every car is different.. this 1.35 60ft time was at lower boost, around 12 to 13psi.. anytime i launch higher in the 16 to 18 range i only pull 1.44 to 1.50's.. the only thing that sucks around here is that you DO NOT get anytime to play with your launching ..the most you get is about 3 runs a night..
i'm signed up for a track rental next month thats limited to 100 cars.. i plan on get this 60ft thing down to a tee by the end of the day :). this car should pull 1.30's i would think..
Thats true. I always got my cars or friends cars to hook the best on a well prepped track at a track rental. If the line is compromised at all you wont hook anywhere near what you should. Id also say that if you have a BB turbo and the ideal converter you could launch at a much lower boost level and get the best result. I feel you will hit some low 1.30's after a few passes.

I am considering trying out the Phoenix tires next year, although my Mickey Thompsons can hook in a parking lot, I don't think it will hurt to give them a shot.

Congrats! Running this fast with a stock block isn't going to happen on 23psi like some people lead you to believe. I'm glad to see someone isn't afraid to post their real boost numbers!:cool:

I ran 9.40's @ 23 pounds TSM legal at Norwalk back in 05, It's all about the combo.

Running 9's on only 23psi of boost.

Yes it is! I wish mine could do the same but with only 23psi of boost.

and at the rate you are going, that wont be for long!!!!!!!:D

Stock suspension regal at the track last weekend. 3250# Nitrous car

Stock 8.5 rear with 33 spline spool and Moser axles. 3.73 street gear. It's like holding a hand grenade but it's still working.