New Best Time

dthrock

Went out to the strip on Sat night, it has finally cooled off a bit here.
I was able to drop .24 off my et from a 12.74 to a 12.50. It wasnt my fastest mph at 108 (109 was fastest) but I managed to get a little better traction at our crappy track and cut a 1.88 60' I was pretty happy about the whole thing bacause I really havent changed anything on the car other than new front brakes since last time I was out. Even on the 1.88 60' I was spinning out of the hole. Im thinking with a little more chip and a 1.6 60' I should be pushing some low 12s. That run was done on an alchy street chip and aprox 96-97 octane homebrew and zero knock. By the end of the run the O2s were about 780. The fuel curve was pretty flat but fell off from about 840 to the 780 so Im running a little rich on the start of the pull. Since its an alchy chip I left the alchy on for protection but turned it down to about 4. First run had a couple of knock count so I turned it up a notch and was 0kr the rest of the night.

All and all I was very happy to get a 12.5 at this crap track.

Dave

Good times Dave! Come to Noble Ok this year for the Shootout, we need the car count.
Mitch

Originally posted by buickboy
Good times Dave! Come to Noble Ok this year for the Shootout, we need the car count.
Mitch

Im going to try and get there but I need to get a hitch on the truck and find a trailer to borrow or steal for the weekend.

Dave

if i dont get my trans fixed you can borrow my trailor.i'm still going to watch.i came to the amarillo track a few weeks ago,i ran a 12.62 at 105.my 60's were 1.6's.see you.
kevin

Originally posted by kevin
if i dont get my trans fixed you can borrow my trailor.i'm still going to watch.i came to the amarillo track a few weeks ago,i ran a 12.62 at 105.my 60's were 1.6's.see you.
kevin

Wow thanks, I got the hitch put on last week. But I thinkI would rather see you get your tranny fixed. Bring it over to George, he is da man when it comes to trannys. Reasonable rates too.

I went last night and ran a new best :) 12.37 @ 109.xx with a 1.84 60'

As we get closer let me know how the tranny repair is going so I can find another trailer if you need yours.

Thanks again

Dave

i plan on looking at my trans. tonight.i talked to george and he gave me some points to look at.i've got access to another trailer so it's no big deal.i'm glad your car is kickin some butt.wait till you go to noble,i've alway's ran my best time there.