New Best

dvernst

Finally got my good launch i've been looking for....after a couple of John Force burnouts. I had to let off with about 100 yards to go because of knock retard, and running lean. Not to bad for a TA 49 though. I think I can do better if I can pinpoint my fueling problem. I can't get over 116mph. It's driving me crazy. Oh yeah it was against a GN that ran 12.4. 11.524@116.11mph 1.526 60'

Post the entire combo for the rest of us.

Injectors, convertor ect..

Sounds like its running fine, just a lil more mph would be great..

Depends on convertor, timing and what kind of fuel. ect

Mid 11s feels awesome doesnt it!!!

BW

Combo is. 3" downpipe from the elbow back. Precision convertor 3200 stall. Jimmy's Trans. 55lbs siemens injectors for some reason have to run 100% duty cycle, and i'm still lean. Dequick intercooler. TT 110 race chip. stock maf. E.T. street radials. Old TA 49 with a Garrett exhaust housing. Kirbans valve springs, and I almost forgot.... a good driver:biggrin: J/K.

Combo is. 3" downpipe from the elbow back. Precision convertor 3200 stall. Jimmy's Trans. 55lbs siemens injectors for some reason have to run 100% duty cycle, and i'm still lean. Dequick intercooler. TT 110 race chip. stock maf. E.T. street radials. Old TA 49 with a Garrett exhaust housing. Kirbans valve springs, and I almost forgot.... a good driver:biggrin: J/K.

If those 55's are at 100% duty cycle on a TA49 car.... and it is still lean.... you have fuel pressure issues (IMHO) ... 55's at 100% duty cycle ought to go low-mid 10's......

If those 55's are at 100% duty cycle on a TA49 car.... and it is still lean.... you have fuel pressure issues (IMHO) ... 55's at 100% duty cycle ought to go low-mid 10's......

Yeah my only problem is that when I bring a fuel pressure gauge in the car with me the fuel pressure goes up perfect with the boost, and holds steady. I don't know what else it could be.

Stupid question- the ECM is modded fof those injectors, right? If not , might that be the problem?

Good job Dave! Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of the fueling issue.

There is a high-imp 55 and a low-imp 55. Dave has the high-z's that don't require the ECM mod.

Eric

What octane fuel were you running?

Does the car have 100% racegas or does it have a tad bit of pump gas into it?

116mph is great, get the fueling issue figured out and you might see 119-120 by the end of the season.

BW

What octane fuel were you running?

Does the car have 100% racegas or does it have a tad bit of pump gas into it?

116mph is great, get the fueling issue figured out and you might see 119-120 by the end of the season.

BW

It's 100% I never run pump gas. At least not yet. Once I fix it I'll probably install an alky kit. I hope I can get a couple more mph. That would be great.

Sounds like she's pullin' hard Dave. Totally Awesome!

My car shows 740mv on the stock AC delco sensor at 11.3-11.5 AFR on the wideband. What's your lean condition showing?

i would check the fuel pump. how olds the pump. might not be running to its full potenchal. The pump getting propper power? there no way your maxing those 55's

my first run at about 23psi at I was showing 740mv with 8.2* knock retard. I had to let off. The injectors were at 87% DC at 4500 rpm. Next run I turned the fuel all the way up in the chip. The next couple run's DC showed 120.2% with a 780 mv reading no knock. I should have left everything alone right here, but of course I wanted more. My mph was pretty consistent always within 116 mph. I turned the boost up about a pound, and had to let out about 83 mph 6* knock retard. and 750 on the o2. Before the run I also turned the FP up a little. For the last run(my best e.t.) I turned up fuel a little more took out 2* timing. It looks like I let out at 85 mph with 4* knock retard I went down to about 2volts on the tps, and back to three till the end. I got all this info from my Direct scan. Sorry so long. So anyway the injectors are maxed out, and I can't get enough fuel to run over 23psi. I drove around with a fp gauge inside, and it seems like the fuel pressure goes up perfect. I'm not sure where else to look.

Well I wouldn't be totally surprised if the 55's are just maxed out. It sounds like you've done your homework there and everything seems OK with the fuel pressure. I would think that with the 110 octane you run that you can probably get away with about 24-25 degrees of timing at 23psi boost. Is that about where you are at?

I say go ahead and get the alky installed.

Well I wouldn't be totally surprised if the 55's are just maxed out. It sounds like you've done your homework there and everything seems OK with the fuel pressure. I would think that with the 110 octane you run that you can probably get away with about 24-25 degrees of timing at 23psi boost. Is that about where you are at?

I say go ahead and get the alky installed.

Yes Eric has the chip at 25* in top gear I believe. Well I'm going to do all of my homework again to double check the fp. Maybe i'll find something. If not I might just put the alky kit on. Thanks Steve. When are we going to race? I need plenty of notice to sabotage your car.:biggrin: J/k. I'll give an update after I test everything again. Are you going to be in town this week? Thanks

11.524@116.11mph 1.526 60' with 55s being maxed out you have a issue.

I cannot for the life of me seeing a ta49 on good gas only running 11.5 at 116 with the 55 lb injectors maxed out.

What is the total weight of the car with driver?

Ive personally seen cars here in town with 50s and good gas running 122+ with just 50's and similar turbos.

Are you 100% positive that the injectors are 55s and not 40s?
BW

Yes 100% positive. I had 009's and upgraded. I have a TT chip that I gave Eric the numbers right off the injectors for. :smile:

11.524@116.11mph 1.526 60' with 55s being maxed out you have a issue.

I cannot for the life of me seeing a ta49 on good gas only running 11.5 at 116 with the 55 lb injectors maxed out.

What is the total weight of the car with driver?

Ive personally seen cars here in town with 50s and good gas running 122+ with just 50's and similar turbos.

Are you 100% positive that the injectors are 55s and not 40s?
BW

I agree....

Board member Andre Ellis (local to me) went 10.60's @ about 128 mph on 50's.... (now they were really maxed out....) but you can see... 55's ought to easily take you to mid 120's on trap speed and into the 10's w/o pushing them....