New Camshaft Question

Fast Farmer

Hey guys, a buddy of mine gave me a new cam and lifters today. It is the 208 flat tappet cam that Full Throttle Speed sells. The lifters are Comp. Do you all think it will work well with what is in my sig? I am most likely going to port and polish the intake and heads if and when I swap the cam. Thanks

I have a very similar setup and I run an Erson 208/208 FT cam with new T/A lifters. I like it. Probably not needed for maximum horsepower but I picked up a lot of midrange torque. Mine is an RV style grind though and I installed it straight up and never run my car past 5k rpm. Mileage does go down a bit though. You'll be very surprised how well the cam and minor porting go together! I picked up quite a bit, but my old unopened longblock had tired stock valvesprings too. I'm using light 75lb T/A replacements though so nothing exotic.

What's the lobe seperation on that cam? That seems to play a bigger part in things than the lift.

What's the lobe seperation on that cam? That seems to play a bigger part in things than the lift.
Sorry it took me so long to reply to this. Kept walking by it in the shop and forgetting to read it. 110 on the intake and 112 on the exhaust.