New Converter Log attached (Too Tight)

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
This is a short run. Boost creep issues. Thinking I have a issue. Tried to email this log but it doesn't work. Maybe it can be seen here.

Attachments

• try1.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 87
looks really rich
what injectors , what wideband?

looks like 2800 stall at 0psi. what turbo?

any other info on the combo

what trans? 3 and 4 sgear flags are on
this is a roll from 55 without downshifting, not going to tell much about the converter from that

Yes its a rich tune. 6776 dbb turbo. Just changed converters. This log is with the new PTC 9.5. The original was a 2800 stall 10". I was blowing right thru it. 6100 rpm through the traps. Now the car is turtle slow. Rpm's really never come up. Even pig rich I thought it should be pulling hard. 80lb injectors and dual nozzle. I have boost creep from the new downpipe so I have to keep it on the fat side. I step in the throttle and nothing exciting happens. Boost comes in slow as well as rpm's.

I can build 4psi max on the foot brake. Then the tires break loose. I could blow the tires out with the 10" at 40MPH. Can't now at 10mph. I don't think it is tune. It's the same tune I had last year. I also don't think its a downpipe issue. I could be wrong on both accounts.

206/206 roller cam. champion intake. precision front mount. 70mm plenum and throttle body. roller rockers. gn1 external gate downpipe. 3" single shot exhaust. port and polished merrit iron heads. I have more logs at home I can post. sorry Im doing all this from a smart phone right now.

Trans is a 200 non locking. I have no idea about the gear flags. they have always been that way.

isn't that stall rpm way low for a turbo that big?

ive run my 71Q with a 2650 stall vigilante,
working on a new ptc9.5 looks to be 2800-2850 at 0psi but it doesnt act that way , they seem to flash up (3400 at 3psi) and then grab earlier in the rpm band (took my shifts down to 5100) . took my trap rpm down atleast 300 ..went from about 15% slip to less than 6%

hard to say seeing as how he doesnt have a log from a stand still ... 4th gear od pull without a downshift will be laggy

If you have a PTC 9.5" and a 6776 you need to be running the engine at 65lbs/min or higher. Chances are you aren't throwing enough power at that converter and the ramp in tune is off. You need a cam that complements the other parts. 65lbs/min or higher will happen between 5200 and 5800@25-26psi with a set of iron heads.

Why aren't my rpm's climbing? Downpipe Wastegate issues? I know I need to run high boost. I want to be around 26psi. My tune was happy at 25psi. 02's were around 10.5. Guess its time to get the Terry Houston back out.

Why aren't my rpm's climbing? Downpipe Wastegate issues? I know I need to run high boost. I want to be around 26psi. My tune was happy at 25psi. 02's were around 10.5. Guess its time to get the Terry Houston back out.

Does it feel like you will have to launch with more boost to get the same 60ft. as before?
I belive you are going through the same thing I went through. I was told three things. You need to throw more power at it...your turbo is too big for your combo...and a transbrake will help the launching issue.

Try turning off the alky and keep boost low15/16lbs max

see if the power comes up then turn alky on and turn up the boost

JD

jasjamz said:
Does it feel like you will have to launch with more boost to get the same 60ft. as before?
I belive you are going through the same thing I went through. I was told three things. You need to throw more power at it...your turbo is too big for your combo...and a transbrake will help the launching issue.

Yup. But he should be able to foot brake the 6776 up fairly easily. I've gone in the 1.50's with 5psi or less off the foot brake with a GTQ. I run a ptc 9.5 with an old 7276 on my black car right now. Im able to hit 1g in first gear on the street with a little ballast. On the transbrake it will go from nothing to 20psi in under 2 sec on a 93 octane tune. Fwiw flash stall on mine is 5500@28psi. If it's not gaining rpm from 800 feet on throw more at it. The harder you hit them the better they work.

When I had the 10" converter I could hit the petal and go up in smoke and be on both sides of the road. The more I turned it up the slow the car went. Made more power and I just went through the converter that much faster. We are turning off the alky and going to verify the base fuel pressure. I don't think I have too much turbo beause of the past track passes and the amount of power I could make. Spooled super fast. 1.5 sixty footers without trying. Went a 11.4 on a 2.0 sixty foot at 119mph. Blowing through the converter. I know the tune is off. Just never believed it would kill the power this much.

Yup. But he should be able to foot brake the 6776 up fairly easily. I've gone in the 1.50's with 5psi or less off the foot brake with a GTQ. I run a ptc 9.5 with an old 7276 on my black car right now. Im able to hit 1g in first gear on the street with a little ballast. On the transbrake it will go from nothing to 20psi in under 2 sec on a 93 octane tune. Fwiw flash stall on mine is 5500@28psi. If it's not gaining rpm from 800 feet on throw more at it. The harder you hit them the better they work.

I'd love to see a log or vid of the 0-20 psi on the brake. I want to see the rpm vs boost ramps. Do you have one? I can't see it happening for him with a converter that is at 0-1 at 2800 psi, sorry. Now if he was to put on a 6262, 44,49 or a 60mm turbo it would feel better. But that isn't what he has. I am not sure what his flash stall. I know you love the PTC units and the are in some very fast cars however, for a stret car like his I don't think it is build right for him or he wouldn't be posting this. I bet he expected what I did when I ordered one. The same spool and drive characteristics he had in the 10" but with single digit slip up top. Giving us these tight units to get low slip up top and sacrifice the spool and street fun of the car is not cool. Sorry, just being honest and this is my opinion.

Here's a foot brake boost building boost till the tires broke loose.

Attachments

• buildboost.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 79