New Design:Cureall or Dud?

The Radius Kid

I just picked up the latest Popular Hot Rodding and saw an article on page 74[August 2002].It's titled Outlawed.
It deals with a guy named Joe Schubeck and an invention he came up with,composite lifters that prevent lobe wear on cams.Could be just the thing we need?
Anybody seen or heard of these things or this guy and his products?
His business is:
Schubeck Racing Engines
4160 Cameron St.,Unit D,Dept. PHR
Las Vegas,NV 89103
Phone#[702]252-0677
His web address is:www.schubeckracing.com
Maybe this idea of his will pay dividends for the guys or could turn out to be a bust.Who knows?Any ideas?:confused:

Schubeck has quite a history! He was the driver of that dual, blown motored Hurst Hairy Olds back in the 60's as was involved in development of a lot of different drag racing products.

Doesn't look like he offers lifters for Buicks though and doubt if anyone wants to pay $700 - $1000 for a set of lifters!:eek: That is what he is asking.

You're right about the price,however for a V-6 it should drop.
I stop and think about the roller packages some guys are using and the cost of an engine rebuild when the cams go bad and suddenly the price doesn't look so bad.One of his 1" radius cam setups[for the Buick V-6,if he would make one]could be cost competitive with a billet roller and may even be more reliable,given our engine's propensity to marginal oiling of the cam/lifter interface.
That's what I was getting to:Is his design something effective that could really work,or is it just hocus pocus?