New Drop In E85 Compatible Fuel Pump, DW300, January 2011

Eric M and I have been working on this.

There are 2 paths we are investigating.

Reducing the return line restriction

Reducing the pump speed at idle and cruise

It isn't a huge deal, we just need to figure out the best way to do it.

Once the snow leaves, I plan to get one and work on this issue personally.

Thoughts on using the aeormotive style fuel pump controller to reduce voltage at idle?

Was thinking along those lines, but using a 300.00 controller is not in the budget.

Bob

Maybe someone can try a bigger line from the regulator to the stock hard line first before we have members buying controllers for an intank fuel pump.

Maybe someone can try a bigger line from the regulator to the stock hard line first before we have members buying controllers for an intank fuel pump.

for sure, I think simple mechanical solution is better than something fancy like a controller.

if there is one dominant restriction in the return line, and we can fix it easily, then we will be miles ahead.

Hopefully as these pumps make it out to the public, these ideas can be explored.

Bob

Ok guys I have the tank out of my car and Im runing the new fuel lines. My mods are in my sig Im goig to run the stock turbo for a little bit longer I want to get the 11:50 with the stocker before I put a new turbo on it. But I dont want to have to mess with the pump again so do you think the DW pump and the boosta pump I have will be able to push 80s and say a TE-44 or should I go a head and do a duble pumper. I am modifing the stock hanger to have a -8 feed and -6 return and dont wnat to have to do it twice if I can avoid it.

This pump is big enough for 80's and a TE44 or TE60 on E85, it's made over 600awhp on E85 so you'll be ok. And no need for the Boostapump at your current turbos cfm and probable boost level.

I got a deal on the BAP so I snatched it up. Im more worried about when I upgrade turbos more then any thing. Im not sure what Im going to go with Im looking at TE44 or a 5857 but you never know if a good deal comes along I may go bigger.

This pump is big enough for 80's and a TE44 or TE60 on E85, it's made over 600awhp on E85 so you'll be ok. And no need for the Boostapump at your current turbos cfm and probable boost level.

Yes, looks like it'll do 80's up to about 85% duty cycle. According to the chart it looks like at 70 psi, it can supply roughly 68 gph. That's just under what 70#'s (with 25 psi boost) will do at 100% dc. Actually if there were 68# inj, at 100% dc they would demand very close to 68 gph at 70 psi. So 68/80 = .85 (85%)

Yep, now stick the KB Boostapump on it and jack up the volts and you can run a bigger turbo with the same pump. When you hit that IDC limit add some Alky and you're back to adding more boost or turbo. Fun game!!!!

How are these doing in GN's out in the real world, not including Richard Clarks test rig?

I'm about to snag one for my Talon and I've heard great things on the Import boards, but I started this thread to help our community out. So.......

Put the DeatschWerks pump in the blue Regal with upgrade to 120 lb injectors. The pressure settled in about 43 psi. Had to jack up the regulator pressure higher than that then back off to keep the pressure from going down when the engine load went high enough to use fuel and reduce the back pressure on the return line.

I would like to reduce the pressure further, so will be replacing most of the 1/4 inch return line this coming week. My goal is to provide enough fuel for about 515 flywheel HP, with less than 60% duty cycle on the injectors.

Comparing%20flows%20with%20DeatschWerks%20DW300.jpg

Hey Loyd, E85 GN?
Curious on why 60% IDC, are you planning on swapping to a monster turbo etc?

As of now...

ArizonaGN and G-Body Parts are the only GN specific dealers from what I know.
You can now add GNS Performance to this list! Talked to Nick & Brian in NC and they both thought it would be a good idea for us to carry the DW pumps seeing as we are nice and centrally located.

Pumps can be viewed/purchased here---> GNS

Scot W.

Put the DeatschWerks pump in the blue Regal with upgrade to 120 lb injectors. The pressure settled in about 43 psi. Had to jack up the regulator pressure higher than that then back off to keep the pressure from going down when the engine load went high enough to use fuel and reduce the back pressure on the return line.

I would like to reduce the pressure further, so will be replacing most of the 1/4 inch return line this coming week. My goal is to provide enough fuel for about 515 flywheel HP, with less than 60% duty cycle on the injectors.

Comparing%20flows%20with%20DeatschWerks%20DW300.jpg

the sales sheet says that they are flow tested with a custom report. What did your report look like.

From the sales sheet, the graph shows the pump outflowing the walbro and the walbro "hp" which I would assume is like an armstrong XP, or the equivalent from other sources.

Bob

for sure, I think simple mechanical solution is better than something fancy like a controller.

if there is one dominant restriction in the return line, and we can fix it easily, then we will be miles ahead.

Hopefully as these pumps make it out to the public, these ideas can be explored.

Bob

The dominant restrictions in the return line appear to be the saginaw style crimps where the return line goes into the bottom of the regulator, and where the return line pokes out of the frame beneath the engine. Some way to open up these would improve return flow a ton...

Bob