New Full Throttle Speed Down Pipe does not fit!?

Are you sure you have a genuine THDP? or a THDP style? The reason I ask is that all the real THDP's that I've seen and installed including mine all fit perfectly, alignment, etc. THDP knock offs that I've seen, all had some minor to major fitment issues.

No its the real deal its a 3.5" you can always tell by the flange and the smooth mandrel bend in the pipe. What i was saying with my dump pipe that I had when I went to put it on my exhaust it did not reach the flange coming from the transmission. it was off a couple inches. I had the exhaust shop cut the flange off my single shot and add a couple inches and weld the new flange on.

What really sucks is this is the only external gate available. . hopefully I am wrong but......
My DP is from Cottons. Don't know if they still make them though. You could cal him or try Cal, he had a 3.5" before

Bryan

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No its the real deal its a 3.5" you can always tell by the flange and the smooth mandrel bend in the pipe. What i was saying with my dump pipe that I had when I went to put it on my exhaust it did not reach the flange coming from the transmission. it was off a couple inches. I had the exhaust shop cut the flange off my single shot and add a couple inches and weld the new flange on.

Interesting, I was sure that real THDP's were only made in one size during their short manufacturing life, 3". Two styles however, one to clear stock headers, and one to clear ATR style headers.

I was going to have a local shop re-bend mine as a "fix" if I was told to get bent by Full Throttle. But they (And GN1) actually did very well with getting me taken care of.

The pipe didn't reach because it was too far down which also effected it's reach.

,Dan

Is this pipe the same one that RJC sells, or is it a different one?
I'll be interested to see what the outcome of this issue is. How did they take care of it? replacement, or a re-bend?

I can't say for sure if it is what RJC sells.

Not only did they replace it but they got one sent out right away and before sending it to show me (and cover themselves I'm sure) they sent pictures of the pipe with my name and date on it installed on a car to display how it fit. Their response time was very fast, it was probably 3-4 hours from when I sent mike the first email to when I had a shipping number on the new pipe.

,Dan