New Guy in Nashville

BlackonBlack

New guy here, live on SE side of Nashville and looking for other Turbo Regals I can meet up with sometime. I'd love to pepper you with some questions.

Just picked up an 87 GN in great shape with only 21k miles. This week I'll be bringing it up to speed as it has largely sat for the last 5 years.

Changing fluids and filters
Plugs and wires
Rusty gas tank- new one with upgraded pump and Hotwire pump while I have the tank out
Rusty exhaust- swapping out with GN1
Then some hard core detailing.

Look me up sometime if you are nearby!

Go here and do the "spring cleaning".

http://www.gnttype.org/

Great informational site.

Too bad, you just missed a HUGE gathering of Turbo Regals @ Bowling Green in Mid-September.

There's always next year......

IMG_4703.JPG
IMG_4692.JPG
IMG_4722.JPG
IMG_4723.JPG
I had my car delivered just a couple days prior to the Bowling Green weekend but had prior engagements. I'm hoping to make it there next year...

Thank you for the link, I've been using that one quite a bit. Some of the info on there seems a bit dated, but I'm always cross referencing and learning as I go.

New exhaust on today, oil changed, tranny fluid and filter and differential fluid. Exhaust sounds great.

Here's a few pics (pre exhaust)

That thing looks brand new.:eek:
Big congrats on finding a super clean GN. How's that thing run? Any mods done to it?
Let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome to the site and happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

That thing looks brand new.:eek:
Big congrats on finding a super clean GN. How's that thing run? Any mods done to it?
Let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome to the site and happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Thanks for the reply. It has been running pretty well, and I think that the WOT knock I had may be largely cured after the pump and Hotwire kit I installed this week.

I tried to replace the gas tank but the spectra that was recommended here just did not fit. Too wide and too fat. Go figure. I ended up patching and painting the original tank.

As for mods, besides the fuel pump and Hotwire kit it is untouched. The only think the previous owner ever did was oil changes. Original tires, wipers and everything else.

While I would like to keep it stock as possible, km wondering what benefit I would see to 42lb injectors, LT1/LS1 MAF, and a TT Chip. That's about as far as I would want to go with it, but am uncertain if the results/cost would be worthwhile. I would appreciate any insight you guys had.

I don't have a scanmaster, but if I come across someone who has one and is willing to help me tune things up I would jump at it!

Scanmaster, upgraded injectors and a TT chip are a must.

I think Eric (Turbo Tweak) sells all this.

Good luck on " Just gonna add a few upgrades " I bought an untouched 87 GN with bout 64,xxx miles and said the same thing LOL now a little over a year look at my signature and seen how far I have gone , Like my wife says " The spending never stops " Anyway you have a really nice car , Have fun learning about her and having ALOT of FUN . Keith

Good luck on " Just gonna add a few upgrades " I bought an untouched 87 GN with bout 64,xxx miles and said the same thing LOL now a little over a year look at my signature and seen how far I have gone , Like my wife says " The spending never stops " Anyway you have a really nice car , Have fun learning about her and having ALOT of FUN . Keith

It can be a slippery slope. :D

Gotta at least do a downpipe, dutt neck the intercooler, and put a scanmaster on it to make sure everything is running as it should. Vac line should probably be replaced and zip tied too. Oh...and make sure you add some ZZP so you don't roast the flat tappet! Man o man it looks like that thing came from a time capsel,

Im here in Clarksville, I have injectors/chips and other misc parts. Id be glad to help. I had to build mine from the ground up so there isnt much I didnt learn the hard way. Friday I am going to the local track here to run the guts out of mine. If your free come on up.

Im here in Clarksville, I have injectors/chips and other misc parts. Id be glad to help. I had to build mine from the ground up so there isnt much I didnt learn the hard way. Friday I am going to the local track here to run the guts out of mine. If your free come on up.

What type injectors/ chips do you have? I was going to shop/ consider 42 lb injectors and a chip before too long. What type of improvement could I expect from this? Not interested in racing, just a strong runner, close as possible to stock.

Thanks for the invite, I'd love to check it out but will be working. Best of luck, grab and stab!

If you need some help let me know. I'm a little East of Nashville.

Thanks John, where are you at? I'm in Nolensville. Went to the Cars and Coffee last weekend in Franklin, there were a few TR's there. Let me know if you ever get over this way, I'd love to pick your brain about the car sometime.

Mount Juliet. I don't get the car out often but I am always willing to help when I can. Franklin would be a bit of a drive, not too bad.

Nice Ride , But as the our members keep mentioning the spending never stops, I own a TR for 30 years, I'm near the Knoxville area. Call Bill Ragland in Shelbyville ,TN .He is very Knowledgeable of our cars. OLD SCHOOL !! Take Care..