New Guy

classof87

GOAT MILK RACING
Hi guys, my name is Rico and this my first post. I live in Georgia and this is my first turbo Buick. I purchased my car in Stone Mountain from the original owner with only 54,000 miles on the clock. The car only needed a headliner and paint but it has taken me over a year to get it finished (long story). Anyway I posted a couple of pics of my car and it's transformation. I never realized how beautiful these cars were until it all went back together.
work 049.jpg

work 087.jpg

Thanks guys I was always a mustang guy until my last pony gave up the ghost. I always had respect for these cars but when I had the chance to buy this one something just felt right. I gave $5200 for her and drove home with the cruise set, a/c blowing and listening to the stock radio. When the guy pulled it out of his barn (yes barn) I couldn't believe my eyes. The only thing I have really done to the car is paint, new headliner and carpet.

She's all stock right down to the c/c. Should I leave her stock or turn up the heat?

Rico

She's all stock right down to the c/c. Should I leave her stock or turn up the heat?

Guys will attack you from both sides about that issue. When I first got my GN (Stock) everyone was telling me to leave it alone because it was in great shape and had some of the slightly rare options like manual windows and seats. For a while I had enough enjoyment just driving it as-is, but I knew eventually I'd want to upgrade it. I have a bunch of bolt-ons now but haven't done anything major/internal.

It's really up to you and what you feel is right. If you're interested in just being a collector then leave it stock and enjoy it. If it kills you to have a car sitting in the garage not reaching it's full potential, then dive into the money pit and start modding. Don't let anyone else tell you what to do with it.

Car looks great with the new paint, makes me want to put my stock rims back on for a few weeks.

Sounds like a steal at that price/mileage. Lucky!

If you do change anything, stick some wider tires in back, you can still use the stock rims. I just always thought these cars had a very weak stance from the factory for being such a mean car. Skinny little rear tires kill the attitude.

You can do a few things without really "modding" it...
-ScanMaster. Lets you see how the cars running, monitor codes from the computer, view other engine data, etc.
-TurboTweak Chip. Everyone rants and raves about how the car feels entirely different with a new chip in it. The factory chip has too much timing for todays lame-o gasoline and there's a good chance you'll have detonation even at stock boost levels.

How did you pay so little for that? You got a mega deal from someone who was asleep at the wheel!!!

I don't know myself. The guy's mother bought the car new and didn't drive it much because she also had a corvette. She gave the car to him in '98 and he only put 3500 miles on it before I bought it. He was well off had lots of other toys. It came with all the original paperwork and service records. The inside of this car is just as beautiful as the outside.:biggrin: It has the original turbo and the factory alarm still works! It runs great but I want it to be able to outrun my
wife's WS6.