New Here

GN86BEWARE

Ready For The Ride!!
Just Traded for a 86 GN on Friday. Still Trying to figure out what I got. Seems to be a nice car needs roof repainted has saucer sized place that has peeled told it had ice fall off a carport last year on it. Looks like it has been painted 2-3 times by the thicknest of paint on the roof. Tad bit of rust above the top window rail. rest of body and paint looks great. Has a salvage title was told front end clipped 10 years ago guy that owned it then owns a body shop let them total it out then fixed it back.... Dont know what this does to value? Interior is 9 out of 10. Will post pics tomorrow to show you guys what I have. Have so much to learn looks like this is the place to figure it out. Thanks in advance for the Help I hope to receive. :D

Brian

Welcome to the forum. Salvage title isn't necessarily a bad thing if you intend to keep the car for pure enjoyment. It will hurt you when you go to sell since it scares a LOT of people off and you may end up selling it for well below what you think the car is worth. Most people who opt for salvage title cars intend to get them cheap and use them up. With the market for turbo Regals being so bad, you are already behind the 8-ball having a salvage title. But, hey, enjoy the car and take pride in owning a piece of GM history.

I'd definitely do a spring cleaning and get to know the car inside and out. There is no better way to do this than getting your hands dirty. :)

Thanks. I am going to take all kinds of pics to figure out what I have. Stories that I am told about this car are just words. Have wanted a GN since they were new almost bought a 85 in 89 for my first car. Looks like a real nice car on the surface. Back in to this trade in a 2 minute deal with a buddy that i didnt know had it for 3 months until the second it happened. Traded a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD for it and got cash too. Great trade for us both he needed a good truck I had 2 Trucks and a toyota prius... So my GN offset that now!!!

Good luck finally getting your GN...im kinda in the same boat I got a 87 salvage title...but I just had to have it. Have no intentions of selling it anyway...got pics on my profile page...I need brakes and paint...

Thanks. I am going to take all kinds of pics to figure out what I have. Stories that I am told about this car are just words. Have wanted a GN since they were new almost bought a 85 in 89 for my first car. Looks like a real nice car on the surface. Back in to this trade in a 2 minute deal with a buddy that i didnt know had it for 3 months until the second it happened. Traded a 2003 Chevy 2500 HD for it and got cash too. Great trade for us both he needed a good truck I had 2 Trucks and a toyota prius... So my GN offset that now!!!

"2 Trucks and a prius..." Isn't that a oxymoron?

Welcome to the site. Make your self at home. There's beer in the fridge. Take your shoes off and stay a while, unless you've got stinky feet. Any upgrades done to the car? How does it run? What area do you live in? What's the PIN # to your bank account? Post pics if you can. Of your bank statement and of the car.;)

Oh yea, almost forgot. Welcome.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Welcome aboard and congrats. The guys on this board are very knowledgeable and always happy to help.good luck with your ride and post some pics.

Welcome to the site. Make your self at home. There's beer in the fridge. Take your shoes off and stay a while, unless you've got stinky feet. Any upgrades done to the car? How does it run? What area do you live in? What's the PIN # to your bank account? Post pics if you can. Of your bank statement and of the car.;)

Oh yea, almost forgot. Welcome.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

I hate it when people say PIN # :mad: The worst is when they say PIN # for the ATM machine though.

Now Brian....where's those pics you promised. We like pics :biggrin: Where you located at too?

Hers a few pics.

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 65
Looks clean, inside and out. What happend to the intercooler shroud?

Mike B.