New in Saint Louis, MO

Slovins

Hey guys! I've been browsing the forum for a while now and decided to join up. I've found a lot of useful information here already and want to thank everyone. We have an '87 GN that my father bought new, 21,647 miles now. It has spent a lot of time sitting and waiting. A few years ago we put a little money into some of the small things. Now we're getting ready to get moving again. I just wanted to say hello and I am looking for some tuning info for the future. The car has 42.5 lb injectors with a chip and adjustable regulator, walbro fuel pump with hot wire kit, adjustable wastegate set to, if I remember correctly, 18lbs, and cat removed and test pipe installed, and a few other small things. All stock internals and mostly stock otherwise. I guess my first question would be where to get started with tuning? Is the Scanmaster or powerlogger still the place to start? Thanks guys.

Thanks Mike! By the way, this is Scott. I talked to you earlier this week about the bumper fillers and my order shipped today from Highway Stars! Thank you again for all the help there. It was a pleasure speaking with you and Highway Stars. I knew I needed something to make sure everything was working properly and I think it may be a little rich. Just wanted to make sure the scanmaster was still the place to start. Here's the car...

Attachments

• 20150926_170147.jpg
    20150926_170147.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 86
  • 20150926_170205.jpg
    20150926_170205.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 85
Nice talking to you. Low mileage GNs are getting rare. Yep! It needs fillers.:D
Let us know how it runs. The scanmaster will help to show you the basics, to keep a good and safe tune.
Knowledge is the key with these cars. We give that away for free here.;)

Use the search to find your answers to your questions. If you can't find the answers, just ask.
This is your "New guy" thread. You own it. Here, you can ask any stupid question you want.

Honestly, we're just glad to have you.

Welcome aboard !!! Where are you in St Louis ?
I am in Ofallon MO, Not any help with your tuning as my stock ECM is no longer in the car. I can point you in the right direction though.

Bryan

Hey Bryan! Thanks! I am actually in Arnold off of 141. The car is in south county. We're not super far from each other.

Thanks again Mike. Fillers are here today can't wait to get everything unwrapped!

And I'm very glad to be here. I've been turning wrenches for a long time and actually worked nights on turbo regals for Bill Diekmann in High Ridge for some time. I'm fairly familiar with the cars, but the tuning is something I'm still pretty green on. I'm finding this site to be full of useful information.

Scott

Hey Bryan! Thanks! I am actually in Arnold off of 141. The car is in south county. We're not super far from each other.

Thanks again Mike. Fillers are here today can't wait to get everything unwrapped!

And I'm very glad to be here. I've been turning wrenches for a long time and actually worked nights on turbo regals for Bill Diekmann in High Ridge for some time. I'm fairly familiar with the cars, but the tuning is something I'm still pretty green on. I'm finding this site to be full of useful information.

Scott

Will see if we can get together with the cars some time. the local club has a BBQ next weekend but I will be in NC at Richard Clarks rebuilding my tranny ( I broke something screwing around on the street...) before heading to the Bowling Green races....if you havent been to BG before , its a good time...
Bryan

Will see if we can get together with the cars some time. the local club has a BBQ next weekend but I will be in NC at Richard Clarks rebuilding my tranny ( I broke something screwing around on the street...) before heading to the Bowling Green races....if you havent been to BG before , its a good time...
Bryan
Yeah that would be cool to try to get together. I was hoping to run into some local guys. Is it a local Buick club? Is there a way to get a hold it them? That's too bad you'll be out of town, sorry about the tranny. I haven't been to bowling green. I would like to. I don't think I can get out of work for it this year. Don't know if it would be worth coming down Saturday. If not I definitely hope to make next year.

Contact Scott Keller (screen name, Keller )
He runs the Gateway Buick Performance Enthusiasts. They are having a Bbq this Sunday in Arnold. Food and soft drinks provided , BYOB
Member dues are only $15.00 a year ....

Saturday is the race finals. If you get there early it's worth it. Races are pretty much over in the late afternoon. With a 6 hr drive you would really need to get there Friday night.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, got a hold of Scott and will try to make the picnic this weekend.

I thought about trying to head down Friday night to be there all day Saturday. I guess we'll see if it works out for me. If so I'll let ya know when I get there.