New Injector Question

t-topflyer

I'm kicking around the idea of upgrading injectors. My current setup consists of stock injectors, 91 octane turbo tweak street chip, SMC alky kit, K&N 9" cone filter, Adj. FP regulator, Walbro 340, Houston 3" DP w/Magnaflow 2 & 3/4" exhaust. Mototron 60 lbrs seem to be popular. Would those be too much for this setup or should I look at something with a lower flow?

Those are a good choice. I always believe in going to big injectors so you don't have to buy them everytime you upgrade your setup. Remember you'll have to upgrade the chip too.

My concern with these injectors is flooding the engine. Any tips on what I should do to prevent this & make it run as good as possible?

Just have Eric burn a TT chip for use with those injectors and the computer will adjust the rest. The 60 lb. injectors actually drive better on the street than my old 42 lb. injectors. :eek:

Thanks. Will fuel pressure need to be adjusted? If so, is there a common setting to re-adjust to when switching out to injectors that are more than double the output of the originals (28#/hr)?

Keep the fuel pressure set at what TT recommends. I believe it is 38 psi. The instructions that come with the chip will tell you. The computer in the car will adjust the fueling.

When Eric burns you a chip the program will be adjust for a lower flow with the 60's than with the stockers. When you upgrade to a larger turbo then the reburned chip will add fuel accordingly.