New kill in th sy.

Hiwinds

Well this was a little better than the gt. Went out last night to get some stuff from the store. I pulled out of the lot and up to the first light. While I was setting there waiting a new vette pulled up on my right. It was black and had zo6 on the front fender. Beautiful car! He rolled his window down and asked what I had in the "little truck". I said a 4.3 with a little turbo but it runs pretty good. He said No this runs pretty good thats a truck with a v6 in it.:reallyfun I asked him what the hp rating on his vette was he said it was 500hp with a strong voice. I said thats a shame you would figure with two more cylinders and 17 years in advancements it would be stronger than my v6. He had this puzzled look on his face. Then he did exactly what I wanted him to do....he asked for a race. I said sure but are you sure your ego can handle the beating its fixing to get. He laughed and the trap was set. I told him that we could go out to the end of the road to race because this intersection is way to rough to try and leave on. So we get to the racing spot and he asked which side I wanted and for a change I took the right side. We agreed that we would let him 3 honk and we were set. Pull up and get ready. He did a burn out to heat his tires. Which kinda caught me off guard because I didn't think he knew what he was doing. I didn't put mine it 2wd just left it in 4wd brought the boost up to 8-9 psi and did mine. Backed up next to him and he looked over and said you didn't get much of a burn out. You wanna give up now and save your self the embarrassment. I laughed and said no I'll see you at the far end when you get there.
We lined up and he brings he revs up. I pulled mine down into low to engage the 2step and told him I was ready. On the first honk I hammered the gas.The 2step is set to 2600rpm which it hit instantly. Buy the second honk I was at 4-5 psi and ready to go. On the third honk we were off. He spun a little but not as much as I would have thought. I hooked good but not great. Put about 2-3 on him by his first shift. He caught traction in second but by then I was at 22-23 psi and he was a distant memory. When we crossed the finished line I had him by at least 4-5 cars. The wideband said 10.6-11.0 the hole run. We pulled over at a lot that was just down from the spot and talked for a while. He was cool for just getting beat. He said that he would have never guessed that the truck could have put lengths on him. He said it was stock with d/r's (guess that explains the not spinning very bad) I do have to give it to the car though it ran real good for stock.

FIrst off, nice kill.
Secondly....I don't pretend to know anything about the GMC turbo trucks.
Thirdly....you can take it out of AWD to 2WD?

haha, nice! it's always entertaining to surprise somebody who doesn't know what your car is capable of.

the syclone is especially great because to those who don't know, it looks just like any old POS lowrider s10 with ground effects.

those who do know never to underestimate them, especially if they're modded. Any street car that can beat a new z06 with traction control and DR's out of the hole is nothing to take lightly!

nevermind

just read your post again on syty .net. wow never heard of that. nevar thought i knew everything but damn thats the cats %$s. now i have to have it . do you feel any guilt about about making me want and feel like chipping in. just kidding. the possibilities. showing off with crazy - never going to be able to hook up. i am going to take this guys money -no prob. line up horn goes 3 times - now syty is in 4wd. i got some new money inmy pocket.

I never remembered a 4wd shifter in my 92 Typhoon when I owned it ?????

Great kill, i really dont know much about those cars, but i seen them run. GMs got some great stuff.:D