New low ET

unboostedV6

Hey everybody! I don't mean to brag, but I am very proud to say my car ran a few 12.83's today!!! Certainly, you turbo people can shove enough air in your engines to keep up with my old, low-tech combination!! Fred, when can I expect to see you at the track again? This is starting to become fun again! GB

Way to go Greg !!!!!!

Lack of funds kept me away yesterday (stupid bill's :) ).

I change the oil pump pressure spring today to the 60# from the 70 # , when the engine was cold the oil pressure would go over 100 # that can't be good for the turbo seals. this 60# spring stop the oil pressure at 60 # , (70# on the highway).

God , I hope I can run close to the same number :) , 12.90's would make freddie a happy boy.

Congrats again , way to go !!!!!

Thanks guys! Maybe we should take up a collection to get Fred to the track this week. The car's still running out of fuel on the top end, speed limiting me to 101.5 mph. I'll be trying a pair of those big .150" needles and seats to try and keep the bowls filled this Sunday. Still won 2 rounds, but missed the call for round 3 while working on the carb. GB

The carb work helped...hit 103.5 this week! Lost in Rd 2 when a broken spark plug slowed it to 12.88. Oh well, my quest for bracket racing world domination will have to be put on hold for another week. GB

Congrats on those awsome slips. You gotta update that page. It's gotcha down for 13.16 still. (which is impressive itself) Looks like you got a great car & a better wife (according to the Accomplishments section) :) Way to go!

Thanks Tonya!! Yeah, the wife's pretty awesome...she's been through a few more events of mass destruction since I last updated the page, too.
Took it testing at Island Dragway today, and clicked off a 12.76 @105.39!! GB

.....then burned up the High-Reverse Clutch in my one month old TCI TH350....
BUT, I just got done installing an old Super Turbine 300 2 speed which I rebuilt 13 years ago in automotive school and never ran. Interesting...my simulator software says it'll go .05 quicker and 2 mph faster. Go figure! Guess we'll find out this Sunday.... GB

I will be there also , has long has it doesn't rain . We got rained out yesterday.

OK, so the air sucked today. The TAG showed 2200ft. The carb was way rich, but it still ran 12.95 with the 2 speed. The 60 ft's slowed by .07 to 1.80. MPH was decent, given the air quality, at 103. GB

LVD ran yesterday ? , I called at 6:15 they said they didn't Know yet. I looked at the radar and seen rain in the area. Decided not to take the chance.

One time trail or two ?

More updates....Towed it out to Mid Michigan Motorplex in Stanton, MI last week for a $2000 to win race. It ran ultra consistant, but slow 13.04's before losing low gear with a torn low servo seal. I didn't get an air reading, but it was around 92 deg., and I think the track's a little elevated. Today, we went to Island Dragway in Jersey for test'n tune, and ran 12.83's at 104. Another broken rockerarm ended the day, but I have spares at home. I'm now shifting it at 6800 to compensate for the wider ratio 2 speed, and have the rev limiter set at 7100, just in case.
This is much better than sitting around, waiting for pistons to be made!! GB