New NEW Header Thread - Prototypes DONE!!

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
So like I posted in the old thread, we've put the last header design on the back burner and started a new one. I went back down to the shop today to talk to the fab guy about some fitment issues I thought of last night and while I was at it, I snapped some photos. I expect the headers to be done next week. This is the PS header.. sorry I couldnt get better photos.. all I had with my was my phone to take the pictures.

The primaries are 1 3/4 on these headers and the crossover is 2 3/8ths and is going to come around the front of the engine. The pictures dont really show it but there is 3/8ths to 1/2 inch of space between the headers and the 3 1/2 downpipe so Im not expecting anyone to have downpipe clearance issues with these headers like we had with the last design.

Attachments

• IMG_0113 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0113 [800x600].JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 3,500
  • IMG_0114 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0114 [800x600].JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 3,500
  • IMG_0115 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0115 [800x600].JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,474
  • IMG_0116 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0116 [800x600].JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 3,467
Looks good, and that DP is pretty. Do you plan on a 4 bolt set?

And damn, that cell phone camera shoots nice pics. :eek:

iPhone FTW ;)

I do plan a 4 bolt set. The timeline of events looks something like this:

Finish this set
Fab up the missing parts and fix the twin turbo kit
Try to fix the 1 5/8ths set we have
4 Bolt Set

Somewhere in between all this, as soon as their jig is free, we're probably going to get the twin turbo race car up there for them to chop off the front end and convert the front end over to struts. As they only have one fab guy, I expect we'll be keeping him busy for the next 4-6 weeks.

On the 4 bolt set, Im planning on relocating the turbo and having a custom downpipe made that would be sold with the headers. Probably a 4 inch tangentile.

Looks nice, don't be shy with additional information.
Also best wishes on the twin deal!!!

any pics without them on the car ??

No.. The passenger side is the only one thats finished. The driver side, they have everything but one bend, which should be in on Monday.

Is this set of headers aimed at the 10sec and faster guys too or just a standard set of replacement headers?

Sounds good, buying the DP with the 4 bolt makes sense, do you plan on having the wastegate dump off the headers collector or puke into the DP?

The turbo relocation might scare off buyers if it doesn't line up with current FMIC piping, oil drain/feeds etc.

Is this set of headers aimed at the 10sec and faster guys too or just a standard set of replacement headers?

Yes!
These were designed for race cars. The 1 5/8 headers would work good on a 10-11 sec car. My TFS car spools like CRAZY with them. You may be interested in them. All the 1 1/2" headers for sale or stockers for that matter would honestly be fine for a mid 10 sec car up. Kinda one of those things were do you want to spend the money.... Good stockers have gone FAST!!!

Looks cool and thnx for the work on gewtting this product started. Question...Looks like the DP is nervously close the the wire loom. How much space is there between them?

Looks cool and thnx for the work on gewtting this product started. Question...Looks like the DP is nervously close the the wire loom. How much space is there between them?

Im not really sure. The harness may be sagging on that car.. we had a TH 3 inch on there and just stuck the 3.5 on there to make the headers so that we'd have the largest downpipe on the car. Next time Im at the fab shop, Ill take a look and see how close it is tho.

Sneak peak at the passenger side off the car.

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 3,138
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 3,135
Looks Great.....

... i'm guessing these are race only pieces?:confused: i would think on a street driven car the introduction of another piece of hot tubing in the engine compartment would drastically increase engine bay temp.... or am i missing something? none-the-less - THEY LOOK GREAT!

Im hoping with ceramic coating the crossover and the location of the crossover will minimize that. But yea.. I mean, really they are targeted at 10.99 and faster cars.

Im hoping with ceramic coating the crossover and the location of the crossover will minimize that. But yea.. I mean, really they are targeted at 10.99 and faster cars.

I would pretty much say the same about any aftermarket header being needed.Stock is great way into the 10s if you can deal with the cracking issues

Same guys are fixing the last issue on them when these are done!

Do you know if these will work with the RJC head clamps? I just sold my ATR's b/c of the clearance issues with the clamps. What is the ball park figure on these? Thanks