New paint??

GN86BEWARE

Ready For The Ride!!
Need a Little paint work Here and there..... Car has it's atleast 2nd on it right now. needs the roof and a few chips done. I guy here in Tulsa that does some killer custom work here I got on his schedule for June. Thinking about doing Flat Black Satin Finish. What do you guys think? Have seen a sweet old school truck he did looks super trick.

it would be better to go the orginal DARTH VADER BLACK. but if you got a pic of this truck paint job i love to see it. post it up get some votes.

I think on some cars it looks pretty good but overall when I see it especailly on an older car, I think the car has been primered and awaiting paint.

There is someone on the site that did it, looked pretty good in the pics.

Peter

are you going to sell the car anytime soon ??? IF not do what ya want !! I don't care for the flat or satin look . IF your goin to sell in the near future I don't think it would help your sale. :cool:

The flat/satin black looks like crap on these cars. Makes it look like a Monte SS that has primer on it. Someone posted a pic of one on here a bit ago and it looked pretty crappy. The satin black looks much better on newer cars.

Either way its your car, so just paint it however you want. As long as you're happy with it is all that matters.

oh yea blacker than black...triple deep black from house of kolor should be here friday!!!

my car is ready for paint next week it has black primer on it now.the flat black paint jobs look as if i just stopped at this stage.dont like it on the gn:eek:

Is it possible to get a decent paint job for under 2,000$ I dont want to go the macco route but at the same time uncle sams paying me and it aint much lol.....Anybody know any good painters in CA?

Is it possible to get a decent paint job for under 2,000$ I dont want to go the macco route but at the same time uncle sams paying me and it aint much lol.....Anybody know any good painters in CA?

I paid over twice that, and I took all of the trim/bumpers/glass out myself. But I had it stripped down to bare metal. For $3500 he would have just sanded the paint on there now and painted over it. I was told by someone who went this route that his car is now showing rust. I don't know if he let his car sit outside or not. So maybe try to get a loan and do it right once.

LOL I love the blacker than black crap the paint companys try to shove down our throats. I've been painting for 14 years and as long as it's applyed properly, there is no difference in pretty much any paint line. When I first started using water that was a few problems with blacks being on the brown side but it was jiust the fact that it didn't cover as well as it looked like and another full coat and a orentation coat was needed.

It's all marketing guys, don't be fooled into thinking your getting something special.

LOL I love the blacker than black crap the paint companys try to shove down our throats. I've been painting for 14 years and as long as it's applyed properly, there is no difference in pretty much any paint line. When I first started using water that was a few problems with blacks being on the brown side but it was jiust the fact that it didn't cover as well as it looked like and another full coat and a orentation coat was needed.

It's all marketing guys, don't be fooled into thinking your getting something special.

YOUR 100% right!! Black tint is Black tint, Don't matter wish company make it.. im talking only on pure Black tint..