new project 84 T

highboost

i have not been around here for several years.....mostly because i couldnt afford another turbo buick and coming here depressed me....LOL

but i just picked up a 84 T and im ready to get started on it! this 1 will not be converted ti I/C and i will not change up the intake on it like the last 1 that i did with the J&S intake i fabed up myself.

but here is a pic of her........and i am as happy as a school girl on prom night :)

it studers around 2k so that is 1st on my agenda, all the vacuum lines are rotted so i will be replacing those this evening. did maintenance to it yesterday...plugs,wires,ff and that stuff.
but i will post more pics for you guys when i get stuff done.

the body is decent.....somebody repaired hail damage with bondo.....lol so thats all gotta get ground out. but the is very little rust on her, passenger door and small spot on deck lid.

i bought it from the 2nd owner who has owned it since it was 2 yrs old....bone stock un molested car :)
only change he made was last year he put a coil/module for 86/87 on it with the conversion as the 84/85 is no longer available.

but i noticed it has 84 GN Leer seats in it, i asked if he swapped them and he said this is exactly how he bought it. is this normal for 84 T's ? i have never seen this before...............

thanks, i got the vacuum lines all swapped out, the 2k studder stopped but now it cuts out at around 3k and aprox 11lbs boost......
so more work to be done!need to get some good guages in her and a scan tool.
the motor is a grease ball, i think a timing cover set, v/c set and intake set will be high on the list of to do's.
i pulled out my tub o hotair parts......gonna start throwing new delco sensors on it too.....that way i know they are good:)

i have not been around here for several years.....mostly because i couldnt afford another turbo buick and coming here depressed me....LOL

but i just picked up a 84 T and im ready to get started on it! this 1 will not be converted ti I/C and i will not change up the intake on it like the last 1 that i did with the J&S intake i fabed up myself.

but here is a pic of her........and i am as happy as a school girl on prom night :)

it studers around 2k so that is 1st on my agenda, all the vacuum lines are rotted so i will be replacing those this evening. did maintenance to it yesterday...plugs,wires,ff and that stuff.
but i will post more pics for you guys when i get stuff done.

the body is decent.....somebody repaired hail damage with bondo.....lol so thats all gotta get ground out. but the is very little rust on her, passenger door and small spot on deck lid.

i bought it from the 2nd owner who has owned it since it was 2 yrs old....bone stock un molested car :)
only change he made was last year he put a coil/module for 86/87 on it with the conversion as the 84/85 is no longer available.

but i noticed it has 84 GN Leer seats in it, i asked if he swapped them and he said this is exactly how he bought it. is this normal for 84 T's ? i have never seen this before...............

I don't know if LS seats were normal per se but my 84 T (same color, wheels, interior) has the LS seats. But the seats in my car have dark grey leather trim and grey cloth inserts plus leather headreasts. I don't see adjustable headreasts on the seats in your photo. (the seats aren't powered) Correction: The seating surfaces are leather w/fabric on the edges.:confused:

my seats have covers on them, the have adjustable head rests, side and back lumbar, leg lumbars and the slide out support on the front lower and 6 way power.
they are cloth outters with leather inserts and power 6 logo embossed in the leather in the seat back....exactly like the 84 GN seats.i will post a pic of them when i get home

Lear Siegler seats were an available option on the 84 & 85 T's.
My Wh 1 has the LS seats in it, the seating surface on it are leather with
the bolsters the "Sand Grey", which you can hardly find the original
material for recovering them. They are really, really nice seats IMHO.

i think its time for a new hair drier!!

Looks like it is time for a turbo rebuild. It also looks like the time a little hair spray and not following instructions cost me big time. KN filter fell off my cold air kit and I sucked gravel through the turbo and damaged my valves. Take a step at a time. Brad

KN filter fell off my cold air kit and I sucked gravel through the turbo and damaged my valves. Take a step at a time. Brad

OUCH!!!!!!!

i was wondering what it sucked in to cause this........i am a lil worried about the valves too, those chunks had to go some where!

as far as a step at a time, i am going to do a compression test his weekend and if its low the motor is coming out for a rebuild/upgrade...............i have a extra set of forged pistons,rings,bearings,gaskets from my last car sitting in a crate in the garage.

how do you like your Ta33c brad? what kind of gains did you see from it?
i was thinking of having mine upgraded to this, i priced 1 at limit eng and it was $900.......but for that price i could probably do an 86/87 intake and modify the upper to fit my turbo in stock location and run a te60 turbo piped around to the TB.

OUCH!!!!!!!

i was wondering what it sucked in to cause this........i am a lil worried about the valves too, those chunks had to go some where!

as far as a step at a time, i am going to do a compression test his weekend and if its low the motor is coming out for a rebuild/upgrade...............i have a extra set of forged pistons,rings,bearings,gaskets from my last car sitting in a crate in the garage.

how do you like your Ta33c brad? what kind of gains did you see from it?
i was thinking of having mine upgraded to this, i priced 1 at limit eng and it was $900.......but for that price i could probably do an 86/87 intake and modify the upper to fit my turbo in stock location and run a te60 turbo piped around to the TB.

The TA33 is limited in performance. No body has ever gone faster than 12.1 with one and I easlily made 12.6 with mine. I perosnally have been done with any upgrades since 2010 and on repair and maintain mine. No would be the time to go another proven route is your goals are higher. Take care. I am leaving for a weekend full of NASCAR. Brad

mid 12's would make me happy! i am more interested in a good cruiser now. who has the best prices on these turbos now days?
have a good weekend of nascar!!!!!! :D

mid 12's would make me happy! i am more interested in a good cruiser now. who has the best prices on these turbos now days?
have a good weekend of nascar!!!!!! :D

Look around for a used TA33C on the cheap. Otherwise pay the piper at Limit or Precision Engineering. These two companies do really quality work. You will have to send them a core. Brad

BRAD_PADGETT said:
Look around for a used TA33C on the cheap. Otherwise pay the piper at Limit or Precision Engineering. These two companies do really quality work. You will have to send them a core. Brad

Precision doesn't do the ta33c I've called them and they say they don't modify turbos anymore. Just a fyi

Precision doesn't do the ta33c I've called them and they say they don't modify turbos anymore. Just a fyi

looks like Brian at gbodyparts.com is getting them all the up to a TA67 in the hotair housing........that is probably going to be the way i go with mine.......just not that big................

if you call its faster reed and justin are awesome ,customer service is freakin great hell thell just shoot the sh.t with you ,which turbo you lookin at