new roller cam..what changes??

87NAT

In Between GN's
I dont ever want to ask a stupid question...but here goes. I pulled my engine and removed a very badly worn stock cam and lifters. Installed a 206/206 roller.

A)Do I need to modify my TT chip with the new cam?

B)What vacuum readings should I see at idle?

C)Should I need to adjust my static FP with the new cam?

I only have about 5 miles on the new combo and I am just getting ready to start tuning...just looking for advice so I dont look anything over.

Thanks.

Just changing the cam is not going to adversely affect the tune-up. You could prolly have some stuff changed in the chip to take advantage of the increased breathing though. My 215-210 roller idles with 13" of vacuum., yours will prolly pull down 16" or so...

84 buick regal

have 84 buick regal and trying to figure out a combo.I am thinking of a blowthru carb setuo or the new fi carb by retroteckspeed and considering
a turbo setup or the new hks rotrex supercharger but would like more
cubic inches and would like to know what the members think about best way
to prep block and cam selction but also what is the most cubic inches i can get out of my 3.8 block on a reasonable level . what i am saking is with
stroker crank and safest overbore what should i shoot for in cubic inches.
also i have never heard nobody talking about the 231 and nitruos
are there anybody out there that have ever tried nitrous or a blow thru supercharger setuo hotrod magazine did a blowthru carb setup on a v6 chevy
and got 500hp on a stock block and heads:redface: :redface:

the vacum on that cam will very. im running a fresh motor with a 212/212 and my vacumm is 21". all depends on the health of your engine

Congrats on going roller:smile: You shouldn't have to change anything in the chip. Mine didn't need anything. Keep your fuel pressure the same as the TT chip requires. You should expect about 20hg of vacuum from that cam, it will vary as Boost 231 pointed out.

the vacum on that cam will very. im running a fresh motor with a 212/212 and my vacumm is 21". all depends on the health of your engine

Yes, and idle speed too. My motor (~1500 miles) has a very lumpy idle & 13" vacuum at 700 RPM. If I "edge" the throttle up to 800, I can get a much smoother idle and 18" vacuum. I'm sure a 900 RPM idle would get me over 20", but it's just not that important...

The only problem I have ran across so far was my IAC was at about 60. My plugs were sooty and I had a little smoke. I dropped them down to about 18-20 and it helped out alot. I didn't mess with my TB when I pulled out the engine. How did it get so far out of whack?

Thanks for all the input guys.