new scanmaster readings

turbokar87

ok. i installed a new tps sensor and changed the oil. the scan master reads....
02 MV 398-402 ---- 0.0
AF-05
L8-37
BAT-13.6
INT-128
BL-128
MPH-00
CLT-165/167
ATS-95
R -8.25
TPS-.36
IAC-57
CC-102
NAL-22
dose this look normal?? running 36lbs injectors and a 3.5 maf...
she was running for a little more than 20 min, then i saw the oil press started to drop. i checked the oil, full..... started her again oil press jumped to 60 lbs and dropped to 20. tapped the throttle and jumps back to 60..... bad oil pump????

TPS is low. Should be .42 key on not running, and .44 hot idle in PARK.

IAC is high too. Should be 20-30 hot idle in PARK. It's probably off because the TPS is off. These two adjustments affect each other.

You also have malfunction code 22. IDK what code 22 is, but someone will.

Hot oil pressure of 20 lbs is great. Most are in the 8-15lb range. Totally normal, don't worry.

Everything else looks fine.

I looked at my Scanmaster manual. Code 22 is low TPS voltage.

Get TPS & IAC values in order & unplug the battery for a few minutes to reset the codes. Drive it around & see if it throws 22 again.

This chart may help for future reference.

The following chart gives Code # and Description of Malfunction.

The Malfunction Code descriptions and troubleshooting steps were reproduced (with permission) from the TurboLink (by TDS Technologies) malfunction screens. The conditions for each error were determined by analysis of the actual 1986 / 87 turbo Regal ECM code.

Click on Error Code number or Malfunction Description to get detailed information.

ERROR CODE MALFUNCTION DESCRIPTION

12 ERROR CODE DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY

13 OXYGEN SENSOR CIRCUIT OPEN

14 COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT (HIGH TEMP)

15 COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT (LOW TEMP)

21 THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TPS) CIRCUIT (HIGH)

22 THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TPS) CIRCUIT (LOW)

23 MANIFOLD AIR TEMP (MAT) CIRCUIT (LOW TEMP)

24 VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR (VSS) CIRCUIT FAILED

25 MANIFOLD AIR TEMP (MAT) CIRCUIT (HIGH TEMP)

31 WASTEGATE SOLENOID ELECTRICAL SIGNAL FAILED

32 EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION (EGR) CIRCUIT

33 MASS AIR FLOW (MAF) CIRCUIT (HIGH)

34 MASS AIR FLOW (MAF) CIRCUIT (LOW / NO SIGNAL)

35 CODE NOT USED ON TURBO CARS

41 CAM SENSOR CIRCUIT FAILURE

42 C3I ELECTRONIC SPARK TIMING (EST) FAILURE

43 ELECTRONIC SPARK CONTROL (ESC) FAILURE

44 OXYGEN SENSOR CIRCUIT (LEAN EXHAUST)

45 OXYGEN SENSOR CIRCUIT ( RICH EXHAUST)

51 PROM ERROR

52 CALPAK ERROR

53 WATER INJECTION

54 CODE NOT USED ON TURBO CARS

55 ECM ERROR

Return to Chart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CODE 12

Trouble Code 12 is a special case code that is not logged into the ECM's Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) when detected. When the ignition is "ON" and the ECM detects no ignition reference pulses coming from the ignition module, it illuminates the Service Engine Soon lamp.

Code 12 is also used when the ECM is in Diagnostic mode (ALDL Terminal B grounded, key On, engine Off) to signal the beginning or end of a so-called 'diagnostic sequence'. This is when the ECM enunciates each stored code using the instrument panel Service Engine Soon lamp.

When in this mode, the ECM will begin by flashing code 12 (on the lamp) 3 times. This indicates the beginning of a diagnostic sequence. It will then flash any codes stored in NVM 3 times each before proceeding to the next code. When all stored codes have been displayed, the ECM will again flash code 12 to indicate the end of the diagnostic sequence. The cycle continues as long as the ECM is in Diagnostic Mode.

NOTE: The codes will not be displayed in order of occurrence but rather in numerical order.