New SD2 Chip is Available!

So, the special price goes to the end of July? Wouldn't you know I just bought a new LS maf...
Take it back.

I needed one myself but been waiting for the new chip to come out. Can't wait for it to come in to install.

Do you have to run an IAT or not with the SD2 chip? I have ZO6 85MM MAF with translator V6.25 currently which this MAF has IAT built in.

Can I just unplug this MAF and keep my Air intake as is and run the SD2 chip w.o having to instasll an IAT elsewhere?

Do you have to run an IAT or not with the SD2 chip? I have ZO6 85MM MAF with translator V6.25 currently which this MAF has IAT built in.

Can I just unplug this MAF and keep my Air intake as is and run the SD2 chip w.o having to instasll an IAT elsewhere?

Eric posted the link to the manual on the first page of this thread.
http://www.turbotweak.com/sd2instructions.pdf

First page of the manual.
Quote:
The chip uses manifold air temperature for fuel corrections. You should move the factory air temp sensor to somewhere after the intercooler. You can mount it in the plenum or in the up - pipe.Try to mount it before any alcohol nozzle, so the alcohol doesn’t affect the reading (however it can still be tuned this way)

you can leave the MAF plugged in if you want, the new system ignores the reading.

Running the IAT at the MAF is not ideal, but the car will run ok that way. On a low-boost street car its not a big deal, leave it a bit rich at WOT and the car will run great. My current test car is set up that way.

If you're going to turn it up, then the IAT needs to be after the intercooler.

Bob

Can i leave my translator GenII plugged in? will it ignore the readings? [i know a dumb question-just wondering out of curiosity]

aaron

yes, you can. But the Gen-2 is wired into the air temp sensor, so eventually you will want to reconnect that back like stock.

Bob

Hey folks, here's a REALLY neat feature I just learned about after reading through the manual!!! ALL the chip features, and PL features are kept resident in the PL flash memory, so..... Even if you have to remove battery power, your chip feature settings are NOT lost!!

Its funny how people don't read thing. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

This manual is MANDETORY reading!!!! There are 16 different adjustable chip features, AND 19 adjustable Powerlogger features. And that doesn't even count the VE table, Timing table, and Target AF ratio tables if you feel like getting in there and messing around!! :eek:

This manual is MANDETORY reading!!!! There are 16 different adjustable chip features, AND 19 adjustable Powerlogger features. And that doesn't even count the VE table, Timing table, and Target AF ratio tables if you feel like getting in there and messing around!! :eek:

Your very right!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent last night reading it before I went to bed and re-read it at breakfast time. I want to know and understand as each as I can so when the video or whatever tutorial they come out with I will be a head of the game some! !!!!! :cool:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Can you adjust the VE table without being connected to the car?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That I'm not sure about yet. I posed a question on TT's forum about getting a file up and running "offline".

PLC is not currently set up to "edit" offline. but you can download the file from the PL, and edit it with TunerPro.

Offline editing will be added at some point, after the dust settles a bit.

Bob

Being able to view and edit offline in PLC would be HUGE!!!

you can review a log, and see whats going on. The tune file is saved in a log. At the moment, you can't make offline changes.

its on my list...

Bob

Try to mount it before any alcohol nozzle, so the alcohol doesn’t affect the reading (however it can still be tuned this way)
OK my sensor is after the alky nozzle so how do I tune it that way , please explain on how this is done that way .

the WOT chip parameter is what you tweak to account for the alky injection. Since you are cooling the IAT, you just need to take out a little more fuel.

Bob

Hey folks, here's a REALLY neat feature I just learned about after reading through the manual!!! ALL the chip features, and PL features are kept resident in the PL flash memory, so..... Even if you have to remove battery power, your chip feature settings are NOT lost!!

THIS ALONE IS AWESOME.......... Great job guys