NEW - stock replacement USA headers in stainless!

The final price has yet to be determined, but the estimated selling price is $799 due to the headers being upgraded to stainless steel.

Wow !

I thought these were going to be affordible? Not trying to sound rude or mean at all. There was mentioning of the $500 range. This is not too affordible to me. Thanks for the efforts at least, looks like I am going to live with my stockers for quite a while.

Mike

Wow !

I thought these were going to be affordible? Not trying to sound rude or mean at all. There was mentioning of the $500 range. This is not too affordible to me. Thanks for the efforts at least, looks like I am going to live with my stockers for quite a while.

Mike

For stainless that is affordable. I had close $2k just in materials to build a custom set for my TSO car I would say $799 is WAY cheap for what you are getting. Better yet, take a stock set that has years of heat cycles, weld up all the cracks, port them, cut them open to port the insides, and then have them jet hot coated so they dont look like ass. Now how much do you think you'ld have in to them then? If these are out of your budget try the ebay headers they might be more your price.:rolleyes: I personally appreciate the fact that someone took the time to make these and they are CHEAP at under a grand!!!

I can't believe its taken this long for someone to build these!!

If they can build them for $799 in stainless everyone who buys a set should be thankful... In order for them to get them that cheap I am sure they had to invest a ton... The materials alone would cost us more than that to make a single set out of the right stuff...

Thanks TA and good job!

Like I said... I do not intend to sound rude or mean !

I was truly looking at affordible being in the $500 range. Heck, lets round it up to $599, they are still $200 above that. I am sure there will be many to purchase and love them. I may even one day. I just do not see it any time soon. I can easily live with my stockers and use the monies for other upgrades and repairs. (see, I know reality - REPAIRS).

I do commend TA for what they have done for our Buicks. I have used them for many years. There could have been some on here in diapers when I was using them for my 455's back in the mid 80's. I am in no way, trying to knock what they are doing. Maybe I should not have said anything at all. I was shocked at what the price was now looking to be. But then again, that is probably why there was never a price suggested of what it was going to be. The anticipation would not have been as high, I believe.

Again - THANKS TAP for continuing to support our passion !

Mike

Like I said... I do not intend to sound rude or mean !

I was truly looking at affordible being in the $500 range. Heck, lets round it up to $599, they are still $200 above that. I am sure there will be many to purchase and love them. I may even one day. I just do not see it any time soon. I can easily live with my stockers and use the monies for other upgrades and repairs. (see, I know reality - REPAIRS).

I do commend TA for what they have done for our Buicks. I have used them for many years. There could have been some on here in diapers when I was using them for my 455's back in the mid 80's. I am in no way, trying to knock what they are doing. Maybe I should not have said anything at all. I was shocked at what the price was now looking to be. But then again, that is probably why there was never a price suggested of what it was going to be. The anticipation would not have been as high, I believe.

Again - THANKS TAP for continuing to support our passion !

Mike

Mike,

You were not out of line with what you said. I agree with you 100%.

I will more than likely still get a set, just not right away.

Bill

We're tried to make them as cheap as we could without cutting corners and I understand that's still pretty steep for some. However if you put it in retrospect, our stainless steel performance headers are $1025, $226 more and $750 for mild steel which will rust away is left uncoated and to have them jet hot coated brings it to $925. I said estimated as that may not be the final price, it does depend on how many we buy at a time etc (the more you buy the cheaper they are, we just dont want to have to purchase and sit on hundreds of sets of headers) so they may come down as time goes on.

Besides my friend was looking at headers for his 350Z and the cheapest he could find was $1,400 for some poorly made looking headers :eek: and the price only went higher from there :p

My guess is, welding both sides INCREASES the potential of warping....

All welding has the potential of warping the metal. Thats why you take certian precautions. I've welded several stock headers around the flange and have no warping issues. I did not have them bolted to a head either. It's all in procedure.

I'm not trying to slam these headers they are a work of art but if your going to go through all the trouble, why not finish welding them?

When all is said and done they are suppose to be trued anyway.

All welding has the potential of warping the metal. Thats why you take certian precautions. I've welded several stock headers around the flange and have no warping issues. I did not have them bolted to a head either. It's all in procedure.

I'm not trying to slam these headers they are a work of art but if your going to go through all the trouble, why not finish welding them?

When all is said and done they are suppose to be trued anyway.

Fair question? Maybe cost factor??

The pipes aren't welded to the flange on the outside so that the headers can give and flex when they get hot. If they were welded all the way around they would crack.

If these headers are the same quality as my other TAP products they are well worth the money IMO.... I'm happy there is an alternative to welding and rewelding my stockers.

Thanks TA for once again steeping up and making a product for our Buicks. It's products like this that keep our cars going strong as they continue to get older. I too realize the time, effort, and cost it takes to produce in this case Stainless Steel Headers. Which I might add you did a good Job on. Good Luck with the sales.:cool:

They're fully welded on the inside and welded in 2 spots per pipe to the flange on the outside. If they were welded all the way around on the outside as well, the welds would eventually crack from the extreme heat cycles and movement of the engine. With it being open (not completely welded) it gives the headers an ability to expand when they heat up and cool down. If welding all the way around the header flange on the outside was the better option, then the headers would be made like that. Its just that we've found that by doing so they crack, so not welded all the way around they are :smile:

Dont be afraid to ask why we do things certain ways, enlighten yourself, thats what the board is for. I'm more than happy to answer your questions and discuss the methods ;)

So your saying........... all the other welds are exempt from this phenomenon?

Like to the collector? If so its different, the flange is bolted tight to the head and must move with or against it, whereas everywhere else isn't bolted to a solid surface and can move as one unit. Plus you can only weld everything else on the header one way.

Any update on pricing for just the drivers side replacement? I think my original one is shot as Ive got carbon all over the DS engine bay.

Headers do look good though! :biggrin:

I just checked the computer really quick and a Driver side replacement header is listed at $325

I just checked the computer really quick and a Driver side replacement header is listed at $325

Thanks Mike. Any idea when they will be availible? Also will the headers set be sold without a crossover? I already have a coated 2.5" crossover on my GN. What is better about a 2-piece crossover?

Thanks for all the help.

P.S I really like the girdle cover for the rear I got from you. Works great.:D

Thanks Mike. Any idea when they will be availible? Also will the headers set be sold without a crossover? I already have a coated 2.5" crossover on my GN. What is better about a 2-piece crossover?

Thanks for all the help.

P.S I really like the girdle cover for the rear I got from you. Works great.:D

I heard that all of the tubes are made and they're going to start welding everything together so hopefully a couple weeks if they move through it. I know that we're selling the drivers side header and the cross over pipes separately so I assume we can just take a set and pull the cross over pipe out and set it aside. On a side note, I didnt confirm the price on the drivers side header as all the prices are still in the air.

Hey everybody, I know price has been a sore spot on these headers and I've been pestering dad about it and have talked to him quite a few times regarding it, well I have big news. After some arguing and smooth talking I was able to convince him to drop the price of the first run of headers and have them listed at an introductory price of $699.95, that's $100.00 less than what he wanted to sell them at :eek: If the first run sells out, place an order and have it put on back order so that you get them at the introductory price :D I hope this helps out some of you guys who were interested in a set but the price was too high :) Everything is in our computer system, the catalog has been updated and the headers are being made as we speak so you can call in and order a set and they'll be shipped as soon as we get em!

TA V2009 '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Headers .......................................... $699.95
TA V2009C '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Crossover .................................... $175.00
TA V2009D '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Drivers Side Header ....................... $325.00

Attachments

• TA V2009.jpg
    TA V2009.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 988
  • TA V2009C.jpg
    TA V2009C.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 991
  • TA V2009D.jpg
    TA V2009D.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 990