New stuff for 2006 !!!!

Mike, I think the front cover is a great new product for you to make. In the last couple of days I have been telling people that you figured you could do it for about $400 and not a single person has thought that was to high. Long story short I would be interested in buying them multiples at a time.
See ya, Kip

OK never one to look away from opportunity I will check into the cover thing. If someone is friends with Kendall please have him contact me that will be as good a place as any to start, NO PROMISES. We will look at it
Mike

Are those drivin from the cam sensor or the crank?.....

Would be nice to be able to set it up for a internal and a external feed....

GRNDNL said:
Are those drivin from the cam sensor or the crank?.....

Would be nice to be able to set it up for a internal and a external feed....
Agreed! I'd spring for one at $350-400. Its basically a Stage II dry sump water pump area attached to a 3800 Series II lower crank area. The cam sensor is still cam driven. Though I've been told by madman Bruce that the Series II cam sensors will work with the LC2 computer so we might be able to use them.... might. I'd really like the external feed aswell since I like hybrids and the stock pan doesn't fit everything.

hey mike any update when rods might be available ? :confused:

I know you dont know for sure but the manf. has to be telling you something .. even tho they never tell the truth :biggrin:

How big are hi z injectors now

What are prices and sizes of hi z injectors now. and any injector specials coming.

Hi , whats the status on the front cover Im wanting to purchace a couple for some motors im building great new product

Been kind of quiet here. Is there any kind of update on these covers and progress if any??? I'm still interested...

thanks,
Ed

I talked with Mike about this a little while ago and it doesn't look like this will be be a go for production due to the amount of work it requires to interface everything. The Series I front cover that everyone has been using uses machined flats on the sides of the balancer but uses the crank snout itself to locate the inner pump gear. The later Series II cover that I am working with has an internally located inner pump gear and uses a multi index keyway located on the lower timing gear. They also relocated the oil feed passage 0.5" higher and 0.25" inboard meaning you'd have to go for an external feed setup. if you don't want to go crazy with the Al welding. I'm waiting to get a Stage II drysump front cover for my top section so I can start putting together the pieces. Mike has pretty much given up making one of these an off the shelf item due predominantly to the machine work needed to drive the pump. I'll have more pictures of mine up when I reach mockup phase.

front covers

I pretty much suspected Mike was blowing hot air on these, no suprise here, just waiting to officially here it from him.

Thanks
Bill

Thumper said:
I pretty much suspected Mike was blowing hot air on these, no suprise here, just waiting to officially here it from him.

Thanks
Bill

Don't really thing he was blowing hot air. If you notice, all his posts made it out to be just a possibility, it isn't like he listed it on the first post.
mike licht said:
OK never one to look away from opportunity I will check into the cover thing. If someone is friends with Kendall please have him contact me that will be as good a place as any to start, NO PROMISES. We will look at it
Mike