New TA 49 for sale Hot Air

turboclam

Freshly rebuilt and has not been run. Turbo came from Limit Engineering. $500 Complete with dual wastegate. You can email, PM or respond on the board. Thanks Michael Clendmik@aol.com

Why do you say TA 49 hotair? Is it a hot air housing or something? I thought the lasrgest hot air turbo was a TA33?

Ta-33 is the most common, as it works with an otherwize stock engine and converter. You can get a 49 reclocked for a hot-air which works great with the mods to support it. This is an excellent deal!!!!!!!

Ta49

Thanks Rhinospeed. This is a turbo that Limit Engineering modified. The compressor housing has been extensively cleaned out so that it could house the bigger turbine wheel. I can send some pics if anyone is interested. Has .63 exhaust housing.

I am no expert but remember reading and in summary:

TA49 flows about 150 CFM (13 Lbs/min) more than the TA33 and is A LOT MORE efficient. You will need the TB relocating plate (From Turbo6X2) and reclock. You will also need to modify the compressor outlet (if not already done) to fit the HA intake. You will also need a higher stall coverter (Around 2800).

Overall, great turbo, not "stock appearing" and a GREAT price.
TTT for you.

This turbo is a bolt on for a 84-85. You don't need an adapter. It has the stock M10 compressor housing which has been extensivly modified to house the bigger wheel. It does not need to be reclocked. Thanks

turboclam3 said:
This turbo is a bolt on for a 84-85. You don't need an adapter. It has the stock M10 compressor housing which has been extensivly modified to house the bigger wheel. It does not need to be reclocked. Thanks
Still trying to learn, so here are a few honest questions ......... :confused:

1 So this is a larger wheel in a highly modified stock hot air turbo?
2 Is a TA49 always the 87 turbo with a larger wheel?
3 Is the TA49 wheel in the stock turbo a TA33?
4 Is a larger than 49 wheel in a stock hot air turbo a TA48?

Ta 49

Hey I sent you some pics via email. I could'nt post pics here for some reason.

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Not sure I hope the pics answer some questions. Thanks