New to GNs Looking for info

PTSDarkness

Hey guys, I am new to the GN market. I have been a mustang guy for years now and recently bought a clean '84 cutlass with GN power train transplant. I know ALOT about mustangs just not GN's. I am hoping someone out there can help here. I am looking for information or books on specific items such as How to identify certain blocks, intakes TB's, turbos injectors, transmission ect. basically something like a GN bible. tuning software ext, ext. I built my 06 mustang and tuned it...However the OBD1 is a totally differant animal. I havent been able to locate any software for it at all.
Any and all help is appreciated . I know I am a new member but trust when I say I will be here a lot in the near future. Thank you. Even if you post a smartass comment. The world needs you people too.

Check out gnttype.org and vortex turbo Buick websites, both have tons of good info along with this site. You should be able to get yourself going from these three sites. And of course, asking questions here is a useful tool, you are one step ahead already just for being here!

Check out gnttype.org and vortex turbo Buick websites, both have tons of good info along with this site. You should be able to get yourself going from these three sites. And of course, asking questions here is a useful tool, you are one step ahead already just for being here!
Welcome to the TB world!
X2 lots of info on those sites mentioned. Get familiar with this site and use the search option. Just about every questions you could come up with is been a topic in the past. The first thing you have to do is fill out your signature. Listing your combo will help other members see what your working with.

Oh, forgot to ask... What are your goals and plans with this car? I would love to see some pictures also

Welcome to the TB.

I was in the same boat as you, and have found this forum is the perfect place for you to be. My dad was always a GM guy, I fell in love with classic cougars so had most of my building car experience with those. I've owned an 82 monte, 85 el camino and now more recently a GN. My GN will be my first big dive into the world of G-Bodies as i did nothing really with the previous ones i had.

I bought the basic shop manual, Kirbans Guide to 86-87 Turbo cars, gnttype.org, vortexbuicks-etc.com are good places to start. Tons of info and endless reading.

Tad.

WOW! I am surprised honestly there are so many of you guys willing to help. THANK YOU!!!! I will look into everything you guys have mentioned. Just going to take a couple days for me to do so. TrailinJake I will get some more pictures up as soon as I can. And the goals are to push it into the 10's in the 1/4 and yet still keep it somewhat street able as possible .

WOW! I am surprised honestly there are so many of you guys willing to help. THANK YOU!!!! I will look into everything you guys have mentioned. Just going to take a couple days for me to do so. TrailinJake I will get some more pictures up as soon as I can. And the goals are to push it into the 10's in the 1/4 and yet still keep it somewhat street able as possible .

Fine line between 10s and steeetable. You'll see. High 11s is a lot easier without much $. Some guys make 10s look easy but it takes the right parts and a heck of a tune. I have the same goals as you.

10's are perfectly streetable even over 3500#'s with A/C, full interior and tunes etc. It just won't be cheap.

Welcome to the board! Do you have any information about your current setup? Stock block, heads, turbo, etc..? As mentioned above 10's are aggressive.

Im am still trying to figure out how to identify the block heads intake throttle body ext. from a stock setup. I do know that it has a Alkykit an a TE44 turbo. But I just purchased the car Monday and havent had much time to get into the garage and start crawling around to look at it. Sorry guys.

I know fun isn't cheap. I am not worried about how much it costs. Not because I have money because I don't exactly its just that it is the toy that stays in the garage with the street glide and Ill save up till I have the money. I don't like half assing stuff. ya know.

Don't worry, you won't find any cheap parts for these cars. The parts my be cheaply made just not cheaply priced.

I have noticed. Thanks again guys. One more thing, I was creating my signature just now and having issues pasting some pictures with it. How exactly does one go about doing that?

I can tell ur a smart guy u canned the fords that's all that matters just open ur pocket book a little more!