New to GNs

Mark Brokaw

Put the 4x4 up for sale today!! Looking for a GN in the near future,any of you mid-west guys care for a lifted truck??

Hey I am from GC! Ever seen a TTA rollin around? That would be me. I am acually in the Air Force and I am stationed in OKC, OK. I am in the desert right now and I have my car stored w/ my old man and if you do see it, tell me!
:mad: He shouldn't be driving it unless he is washing it.;) Maybe we get can get together when I get back in Sept. w/ Rob Nolan, who I just found owned a Buick in GC. Cool?

Cheers,

Originally posted by tta1401
Hey I am from GC! Ever seen a TTA rollin around? That would be me. I am acually in the Air Force and I am stationed in OKC, OK. I am in the desert right now and I have my car stored w/ my old man and if you do see it, tell me!
:mad: He shouldn't be driving it unless he is washing it.;) Maybe we get can get together when I get back in Sept. w/ Rob Nolan, who I just found owned a Buick in GC. Cool?

Cheers,
That would be me. I guess we all need to get together and go out to the track and have some fun.

Later,
Rob

Any one of you guys pretty good at tunin'? I have the 009's and they are a bit hard to tune. Or maybe it is me.:) hey rob, how do you like those 55's? I am thinking about getting the 50's cause I think that is all the injector I need but I am not for sure.

When you get back in town i'll help you tune it in. The 009s you have are fine. The 009s are a pain to tune in but they work GREAT when they are right.I like the 55s i have but i might be going to either a 72# or 83# injectors. So i'll sell the 55s down the road if you are interested in them i'll give you a good deal on them when you are back in town. The 55s i that i'm running now have about 500 miles on them now. If you stept up to anything above 55s you need to get the ECM modded for low impedence injectors. I have a extra modded ecm that was acting funny in my car but when i sent it to Red Armstrong everything worked fine. So when you get back in town if you want we can try it out in your car. Then i'll work you out a deal on the ECM and the 55s i have. Then you can run any injectors you want.

Rob

Hey Rob,dont know if you know me,but i hang out with korey reed and bob wittkamp.I just put my truck up for sale ,hopefully it doesnt take to long to sell.Really siked on getting a Gn,wanted one since i could remember.When i do find one we need to hook up,sounds like you know your way around these cars.See ya around

Yea that sounds like a plan. Me and a guy named Steve Monroe tryed to get these inj. to work and no luck. We tryed going in the chip and changing some things up but just not as much improvement that I wanted. Those 009's are just not very linear. Too fat on the bottom and a little lean on the top. That is why I was looking at getting the 50's becasuse they are linear throughout, kinda like the bluetops. I will definately work out a deal with you on those inj and maybe the ecm. Can you wait till Sept? What has been done w/ the ecm thats modded?

Oh ya, just let you guys know something. Down in Oklahoma City, my club holds an annual shootout, Buick vs. Ford. You might of heard of it. I'll tell you what, I have never had so much fun in my life and never seen so many Buicks in one place! I got about 6 runs that day. It is heads-up racing. It is pretty much a bragging rights kinda thing. We had over 100 Buicks and had just as many Fords last year. Lawrence Conley comes every year and races and the Buick powered Opel comes too. That thing is a rocket! I would highly recommend coming to this years. I guarantee that you will have tons of fun and meet lots of other guys like us. The more the merrier I say. It is Oct. 25 at Thunder Valley Raceway. I would to see some IL/Mo boys representing.

Originally posted by Mark Brokaw
Hey Rob,dont know if you know me,but i hang out with korey reed and bob wittkamp.I just put my truck up for sale ,hopefully it doesnt take to long to sell.Really siked on getting a Gn,wanted one since i could remember.When i do find one we need to hook up,sounds like you know your way around these cars.See ya around
I remember you, well when you get one let me know i'll help you out to get it to run pretty good. Mine should be in the mid to upper 10s at 128+ this year when i get my tranny freshin up and a 3600 stall converter. I ran 123mph last year. I'll be out tonight in mine its a blue limited ttype. Get a hold of me when ever.

Later,
Rob

Sean,

Thats not a problem i can wait. The ecm is modded for low impedence injectors. If you would run 55s on up on injectors you would burn the ecm up. I would like to come down and see that meet when is it. Are you going to go to the GS National in Bowling Greene, Ky in may. The date is 13th thru 17th i'll be down there on the 15th. Whos chip are you running with the 009s.

Rob

Right now I am in the desert right now. Just kinda waitin' for the war to kick off. :eek: Right now, I have a couple of chips. The one I run on the street is a Reds street/strip chip at 24 deg. and my race chip is a Reds 108 26 deg. I would go to to Bowling Green but I won't be in the states.:mad: The shootout is on the 25th of Oct. You should definately go. I will be there for sure. The gates open up at 8'ish in the morning and qualifying runs till 2 in the afternoon. It is heads up racing. Just take a look at okbuicks.com and go to the bulletin board. Sign up if you'd like.

I run Reds chips also. When you get back in town we will tune it in for you. I'll try and make it down there i would like to go. I'll keep in touch with you and let you know. In matter of fact count me in i'll be there the only way i don't come down is if something comes up. I'll check the website out also

Later,
Rob

Originally posted by Mark Brokaw
Hey Rob,

You going out to gateway this saturday?
Yes i'll be there but i doubt i race my car because i need a converter and the tranny freshin up.