New to the site. And need help.

Duo3478

Well, i need your guys help. Here is the story.

Nov 25 2007. i am driving down the road in my 98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I am changing CD's and do not see a pot hole in the road that the lovely city of grantsvile decided to fill with gravel. I hit it, Spin out, and roll into a ditch at 70MPH. needless to say i am lucky to be alive, but my baby ( the Car) is not so lucky. i get banged up pretty good but walk away. I am in need of a car. My brothers friend says he has this Buick he will sale me for $600 i show up expecting to see a broken down rusted out **** box but find this odd Buick, it looks kind of like a grand nan but it is not. So i go in to talk about the car and find out that it is a 1989 Buick Lesabre T-Type. I have never heard of such a car. so i throw down the cash sign the tittle and get the keys. i go in start it up. it runs good. Only 78k miles on the car. so i am thinking i will hang on to it for a few months tell i get the cash and buy a different car. So i start driving it home and i get on the gas a little. Hrmm, it has some power to my surprise. So a few weeks after i get the car i start looking stuff up on it and find out what i have.

Well i have had the car over a year now just barley rolled over 80k a few days ago. ( here is were you guys come in ) i want to work it up. i know a good amount about cars, i grew up around classics. But i have found no real help with this car. most of the sites i find about this car just say " this is what my car can do" thats great! i want to know that exactly they have to make there go. What all do you guys recommend?

Try to post at "engine tech" on the MSG Board.... Your at the right website. These guys know alot....

Good looking cars when they are done right but kinda lack performance. Maybe a later model SC 3800 engine swap would be sweet:cool:

If i am going to do a full motor swap and that is what i have decided to do, I going to do something bigger. I have a 4 bolt 350 block i might work up and stick in it, Or i am thinking about fitting a duramax in it and turning it into a diesel rocket. I am still not sure. i have discover that there is next to NOTHING out there for gen 1 3800. I would have to have a lot of part made for it, I would be cheaper and get more power out of a swap.

put a turbo kit on it. I see guys doing it with Grand Prix's like you had. Same style 3800 turned sideways:confused: