NEW TOYO Drag Radials

running the same

they hook well when really hot got 1 pass this last summer worked better than my bfgs . but i will get a better feel for them in the spring price was good to . :cool:

hey thatdamngoldcar lets have a closer look at that interesting 85 Capri...it looks good in the avatar:cool: ...man did those things ever die off ...i hardly ever see one anymore.

how about a 275/55/16? i am also in need of drag radials on gta rims. always ran 275/60/15 before,on other rims and like the taller tire

BIGPSI, I looked for a TOYO in that size when I found this thread and I don't think they make one. I however found a M&H in that size and I'm going to get it mounted tomorrow. I can let you know how they fit if you'd like..

I had terrible experience with Toyo Proxies 295x50x15 in the wet. Spun 720* on wet road, went with Nitto 275x50x15 next day.

BIGPSI, I looked for a TOYO in that size when I found this thread and I don't think they make one. I however found a M&H in that size and I'm going to get it mounted tomorrow. I can let you know how they fit if you'd like..

sweet! let me know what you find

Resurrected..!!

Just put a set of the Toyos on the ol GN this weekend. I was tired (no pun intended) of the look of 245's on a 9 inch wide rim, so went for the 275 Toyos. After looking at the space I have, I honestly think some 295-ish DR's would have worked, also..! dammit!

First driving impression - I think they are about on par with the Nittos, in terms of street "hook". When cold, they spin.. When warm, they do better - but I definitely prefer the look of the bigger tires out back. Can't say for sure if they hook any better than the MT's on the street, my guess is no. But, for the $360 shipped to my door price, I guess I can't complain.

Also got rid of some 12+ yr old Michelin 245's on the front (with about 90% tread life left... ugh..) for some 225-60-16 Rikens.. got rid of the ANNOYING tire contact (at full lock) with the inner wheelwell / frame.

No plans for a track day, but I may get her out for a few 110-fueled passes on a deserted road somewhere...:biggrin:

I had terrible experience with Toyo Proxies 295x50x15 in the wet. Spun 720* on wet road, went with Nitto 275x50x15 next day.
Just so you know my friend crashed his 2000 low mile camaro ss on the freeway spun out and hit a wall he was rollin 55-60...On nitto 555s:eek::eek: Just figured id warn ya...

IMHO, no drag radials are safe in the rain. I had to drive through a heavy downpour with my MTs. Not safe at any speed in that situation. My ass was puckered for a week after.

Been on nitto 315/35/17 on 4th Gen Fbodys and this Regal. I have never hydroplaned. I never felt scared in the rain. I dont drive like a maniac and I wont see if I can build boost in the rain either.

555 DR's are my favorite. 28psi. I dont track the car so I dont need to pull of a 1.50. There are better hooking DR's I know but I feel they look terrible or they look like they cant be driven in the rain. I do know I can get on it any speed in the dry and I will slip some but not much. They slip very quietly I might add. I like that alot. I feel completely confident I can launch 5psi and race anyone in the dry. Night and day from the crappy BFG radial TA's that scream when you get on it and slip all the time.

I love them. I just wish they would last longer.

BTW I think the Toyos actually look like a nice tire.