New Turbo Buick Owner - Frustrated with Knock read from Scanmaster, help appreciated

what hotwire kit did you get?
Also i would check the pump just to make sure its up to task. i wouldn't want to run a stock pump or old pump IMOP. just good to know whats in the tank.

I bought the Racetronix hotwire kit from Full throttle.

I am still a little uncertain about the fuel that is in the tank as well...another guy in the neighborhood has a GN...I talked to him today and he said he has gotten bad premium there in the past so I think I will drain and use the gas in my generator...good enough excuse for me to verify what is in the tank. I have a brand new pump (Walbro 255) I think that was originally for a Syclone/Typhoon...I will check if that will work in the Regal.

the walbro should work. also the chances of getting bad fuel these days is slim, very slim. your more likely to get a bad batch of diesel then unleaded

I had a Caspers kit, hell i have had a few different kits. Not saying they didn't work but,

what i like over the caspers is

Build Quality, quality of connectors, connections, wire, heat shrink to name some.

Racetronix seems to use a better quality wire with thicker gauge as well.

The tank lip ground is built into the pump and chassis ground

I also like the locking tab they have as well.

Overall i think the Racetronix kit is nicer and built better. Just my opinion, both will work fine. Also another issue is grounding but thats another topic

I had a Caspers kit, hell i have had a few different kits. Not saying they didn't work but,

what i like over the caspers is

Build Quality, quality of connectors, connections, wire, heat shrink to name some.

Racetronix seems to use a better quality wire with thicker gauge wires as well.

The tank lip ground is built into the pump and chassis ground

I also like the locking tab they have as well.

Overall i think the Racetronix kit is nicer and built better. Just my opinion, both will work fine. Also another issue is grounding but thats another topic

I don't like having a socket that the relay plugs into. It's an invitation for heat build up from poor connections and corrosion. I put together my own and soldered wires directly to the lugs of the relay. If a kit has bigger,thicker,stronger wires,fuse holders,and connectors,the better it will resist heat build up from resistance and corrosion and therefore reduced voltage.

^ Nothing wrong with building your own thats for sure. We can start another topic on hotwires if you like. kinda goes in line with the ground topic that was talked about a few weeks back.

Anyways back to the orignal topic...

Glad to see you r learning like the rest of us. I love my tt chip and injectors. I also have the same hotwire kit. I would rather spend a little like you to know for sure than to build a new motor. I also have learned over the years on here that there is always someone who thinks there way or stuffnis better no matter what you say or do

^ Nothing wrong with building your own thats for sure. We can start another topic on hotwires if you like. kinda goes in line with the ground topic that was talked about a few weeks back.

Anyways back to the orignal topic...

Can't we,just talk about girls?

Glad to see you r learning like the rest of us. I love my tt chip and injectors. I also have the same hotwire kit. I would rather spend a little like you to know for sure than to build a new motor. I also have learned over the years on here that there is always someone who thinks there way or stuffnis better no matter what you say or do

I see you're running E85.What kind of turbo? How much boost?

^ his turbo is in his sig. looks like a GT6131E, from the looks of his other mods and miles on the car im going to guess under 23psi

what most are thinking but not saying, is they are glad you went to bigger Inj & TTchip. because even though we don't know wether or not they were working properly, is the SIMPLE fact that NO ONE uses 36lb injecrtors anymore. I don't think you stated which Inj you went with, as most go with 50,55 or 60lb. let us know how it goes once you have it back up & running.

6131e and 21 for boost. Af 10.8. 21 degrees of timing. I am on the safe side..

That's actually quite rich for that amount of boost. It doesn't need to be that rich until boost gets much higher. 11.0-11.4 would pick it up a noticeable amount. E85 is wonderful stuff. Why did you decide to go with it? I'm sure it wasn't for gas mileage.

Ttype6 said:
That's actually quite rich for that amount of boost. It doesn't need to be that rich until boost gets much higher. 11.0-11.4 would pick it up a noticeable amount. E85 is wonderful stuff. Why did you decide to go with it? I'm sure it wasn't for gas mileage.

I live in Arizona so its hot and all we get is 91 which sucks. Like I said I like safer than sorry especially on a low mileage car

I live in Arizona so its hot and all we get is 91 which sucks. Like I said I like safer than sorry especially on a low mileage car

You're safe because you're only running 21 lbs of boost and 21 degrees of timing. This E85 stuff is good stuff. You could easily run 28-30 lbs of boost and 25-26 degrees of timing,so you're very safe. With the low boost and timing,your motor probably doesn't like that much fuel. Have you ever tried leaning it out 2% to see if it makes a noticeable difference?