mosler axles
TA girdle cover
BMR upper control arms
Box steel lowers
Air bag on pass. side
Weld aluma stars up front 3.5
Centerline Telstars in rear w/ 275/60 tires
Drag Shocks FT. & Rear
MSD 50# inj. with Lubrant chips (street & race)
3" S.S. Houston D/P
3" ATR S.S. single shot

I need to pass VA emissions and have no cat converter. The previous owner also said the it needs to be tuned cause it runs a little rich... the fuel pressure may need to be lowered? Any suggestions on what cat I should get, how to go about getting the car tuned, and passing my emissions test?

I postedunder emissions too, but thought putting it here could hurt either!

Have Eric Marshall from Turbo Tweak burn you an emmisions chip. As far as the CAT, if you only need it for passing emmisions, post an ad in Parts Wanted for a used one and save yourself some $. Just get the correct lenghth and diameter to fit your setup.

I think I'm looking for a permanent solution... the exhaust is too loud for me right now. Once I put the cat on I'm not gonna take it off. Should I go with a stock cat or some type of hi-flow cat? The whole exhaust has 3" piping. Any ideas?

I think I have a emission chip for 50's around here somewhere. A cat would be a must.
A scanmaster or scantool to make sure fuel correction is not pegged one way or another. (BLM) Thats what you would adjust FP off of.
Does have a test pipe in now? With the stock style flange on the exit side?

I think I have a emission chip for 50's around here somewhere. A cat would be a must.
A scanmaster or scantool to make sure fuel correction is not pegged one way or another. (BLM) Thats what you would adjust FP off of.
Does have a test pipe in now? With the stock style flange on the exit side?

The car came with an OTC scan tool... I'll have to learn how to use it though. Not sure about a test pipe or stock style flange on the exit side... like I said, I'm a newbie:confused: Anyways I took a couple quick pics of the exhaust... Any suggestions would help.

Attachments

• P3310088.jpg
    P3310088.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 77
  • P3310089.jpg
    P3310089.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 59
  • P3310090.jpg
    P3310090.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 61
  • P3310093.jpg
    P3310093.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 58
You have a test pipe.
It's the one that has the cover that you can remove to run an open dump.
You could try some Dyno-max Ultra Flow mufflers on the 3 in but it still might be to loud.
I have a 2.5 exhaust with the Ultra Flows and it is not nosiy and has no drone.
You could sell your 3 in and get an exhaust from Jack Cotton or Full Throttle.
The Hooker exhaust is a good choice on price but I have seen post that it will not last and will need to be replace in 5-7 years.

Thats a stock style flange where the four bolts are. That piece with the y is the test pipe with a side dump. Thats where your cat will go. The cat for our cars has that flange and will simply go in place of that test pipe. Should be a simple swap.
I have 3" with flowmasters. No droan.
I do have the chip I'll give you for $25

Thats a stock style flange where the four bolts are. That piece with the y is the test pipe with a side dump. Thats where your cat will go. The cat for our cars has that flange and will simply go in place of that test pipe. Should be a simple swap.
I have 3" with flowmasters. No droan.
I do have the chip I'll give you for $25

Cool. What cat do you suggest I get? Yours is a single 3" exhaust too w/ 1 muffler right? Will you chip work regardless of the differences between our cars? If so, I'll take it!