Newbie needing your opinions

Seems to much for a clone should of just left it as a Gn and need more injector for that combo and the chip is dated to

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Keep looking on here and I'm sure a nicer car will come up pretty quick.If I were spending 15-20k I would feel better about buying possibly from a board member because of the knowledge most of the guys have on here.

I'm in no big hurry, I'll keep watching the board and the net. The right car will come along.

Meanwhile I'll keep reading here and keep learning.

I was gonna say $20's can get you a beautiful car with cash to spare. Not to long ago their was an 8 sec stage 2 TTA for around that price.

I would consider a Turbo T/A. I have 3 1978 Trans Am's right now.

I think the G/N is a much better looking car though.

I bought a car today from a forum member.

It's in the for sale section. 1987 GN Astroroof in the Chicago area.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/87-astroroof-gn-for-sale-chicago-area.398270/

The car is real nice and I'm happy with the paint, interior and engine compartment.

I have an inch thick of receipts that came with it that I'll go through tomorrow. I trailered it home and only had time for a short drive but it seems to run strong and shifts firm. Eric the previous owner was a real nice guy and I wish I could have spent more time with him when I picked up the car but I had a 5 hour drive to get back home so I kept the visit short. He said he will coach me on the set up of the car etc if I need him too.

I'll be reading the forum on a regular basis trying to learn as much as I can about these cars. I'm a little afraid of flogging it too much until I know how to keep from damaging to motor in case the tune is off etc. Eric showed me the scanmaster readings and it is reading perfect from what he said so that is good.

He also said he had the turbo adjusted on the lowest boost setting so I'll have to learn how to play with that also.

After 4 years of searching 'm glad I finally pulled the trigger and got a GN. Hopefully is will be a good experience.