Newbie question...what to do next?!?

1Quik7

let's say hypothetically (wink, wink) :wink: that i bought a car that had a setup that went something like this...

.30 over "109" TRW Forged pistons, Champion ported intake, Billet roller cam,T&D's, GN1 aluminum heads w/ reciever grooves, 8.85 Hardened Pushrods, Billet caps, 70mm TB, PTE Plenum,PP, 60lb Mototrons, Razors Alky, GEN2, GTQ71, 3" extrenal DP w/ Tial wastegate, Cottons FMIC, Built trans with T Brake, 9.5 Vigilante non l/U, In tank Double Pumper, Moser 30 Spline axles, Eaton posi, Metcos, 3" single shot exhaust,S/W 6pt. w/swingouts. And other stuff.

what to do next? honestly...i'd like to see it crack into the 9's...but it's mostly going to be a show/weekend toy. i still have the stock headers, but from what i've read those run pretty well and upgrades are mostly for looks or broken replacements...what about ignition upgrades? have the 3200 stall bumped up to around 4000? give me some ideas ^^

let's say hypothetically (wink, wink) :wink: that i bought a car that had a setup that went something like this...

.30 over "109" TRW Forged pistons, Champion ported intake, Billet roller cam,T&D's, GN1 aluminum heads w/ reciever grooves, 8.85 Hardened Pushrods, Billet caps, 70mm TB, PTE Plenum,PP, 60lb Mototrons, Razors Alky, GEN2, GTQ71, 3" extrenal DP w/ Tial wastegate, Cottons FMIC, Built trans with T Brake, 9.5 Vigilante non l/U, In tank Double Pumper, Moser 30 Spline axles, Eaton posi, Metcos, 3" single shot exhaust,S/W 6pt. w/swingouts. And other stuff.

what to do next? honestly...i'd like to see it crack into the 9's...but it's mostly going to be a show/weekend toy. i still have the stock headers, but from what i've read those run pretty well and upgrades are mostly for looks or broken replacements...what about ignition upgrades? have the 3200 stall bumped up to around 4000? give me some ideas ^^

Get rid of that PTE-71GTQ and get a PTE-70gtq or a PTE-74gtq. Bigger fuel rails, fuel lines, external pump, 83lb injectors, Stall 3600, Girdle, 3.5 DP. ;)

I agree with "just enjoy it!".:D

Why is it that people see and hear about turbo Buicks and think it is a "walk in the park" to add a few parts, turn up the boost and run in the 9's?

Ain't that easy friend, just ask the few T-R guys that have been there. The ones I know have spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of time to get there.

Visit your local track and talk with the racers that ARE running in the 9's, and hear them out. A GN running 9's at 135 MPH plus is a rather serious race car, not your Sunday cruiser, even though it could possibly be street legal?

What will be interesting to see, is responding posts from turbo Buick owners that actually have a 9 sec. time slip.:cool:

well...let me rephrase...i'm young, a Sunday cruiser to me is just a car i take out on Sundays....it could be a full blown Pro-modified for all i care.
i was just asking what steps i should take next, since it already has a lot of stuff done to it...i don't feel like the car is mine yet since i haven't turned a wrench on it, lthough i have tracked down several electrical problems.

i had 35k in an FD RX7 that was only in the 11's...so i know it takes money to go fast! :smile:

..........i had 35k in an FD RX7 that was only in the 11's...so i know it takes money to go fast! :smile:

OK, since you are prepared to spend $20-25K, just find a competent person with the experience, knowledge and expertise to help you with your 9 sec. build.

Probably double that amount if they have not done that with 9 sec. Buicks at least a couple times.

The combination of suspension, engine, trans, all the "add-ons" MUST be working together to achieve the performance and reliability you want to achieve. There is no magic receipe.:D

Dude! What to do next? Enjoy that thing. It has to be an absolute BEAST just as it is!!!!!!! Honestly, if you wanted to mod a car, you shouldn't have bought one that is already modded to the hilt - you should have bought a stock car and went from there. You already have a low 10sec. capable car there. You are dancing on the edge of streetability as is. Anything more and you will have a strip only car in my opinion.

Nick seems like he is the man...and his car looks badass. (wanna run, j/K)

anyways, is this setup a decent platform to start from? i was under the impression that it was...and i will get this car tuned "well"...coming from a rotary RX7, one ping and the motor blows...i'm all about spending money to fine tune and program my car...

thanks everyone...i will enjoy the car, just wanted some ideas!