Nice deal on turbo, ext. WG DP, and boost controller

JST A 6

Shoulda kept the V8 in it
Before I go too far with the description, I have 2 people interested so far so everybody else that's interested will have to get in line but I want a guaranteed sale so that's why I'm posting this thread.

I would prefer to let everything go together since the wastegate hole on the turbine housing is ported to more or less match the same on the downpipe. I am not sure if an internal WG puck could still seal to this turbo or not.

Turbo is a TE44 that the previous owner of the car installed. He only put about 6000 miles on the car the whole time he had it (this is verified by a Carfax report), and I've only added another 7000 miles so the turbo would only have 13000 miles at most, and that's if he installed it as soon as he got the car which is doubtful. I just got done checking and there is NO shaft play. It has the small Garrett exhaust housing which is good for if you still have a stock convertor. I don't remember what the A/R number on it is, and I haven't pulled anything from the car yet so I can't see it yet.

Downpipe is a 3" T304 stainless GN1 Performance external WG DP that has been upgraded with a TiAL F38 38mm wastegate. Wastegate has the optional valve that allows the use of leaded race fuel without seizing (I think this valve comes standard on them now). I went through 2 GN1 China knockoff wastegates before I bought the TiAL (they both had pinched diaphragms; one of them had a hole but it turned out they weren't the cause of my overboost issue; hence the ported wastegate hole in the turbo. The diaphragm on the TiAL wastegate is fine though). Both of the GN1 wastegates will be included in the sale in case they're wanted for any parts (I actually have one of the GN1 springs in the TiAL wastegate right now since it's a lighter spring than the one the TiAL came with. Some of the parts are interchangeable). I'm not sure but I think the new DP I'm getting comes with a dump pipe; if that's the case I'll include my used dump pipe in the deal too. Downpipe, dump pipe, and all 3 wastegates were brand new last year.

Boost controller is a Turbonetics manual dial type (basically it's an air pressure regulator) that allows for adjustment up to 25 psi. It can be mounted in the car for on-the-fly control but I prefer to keep the hoses short so I kept it under the hood. This was also brand new last year.

Prices on this stuff when new:
$750.00 for turbo (this is just what's on the receipt; I know they're less now)
$525.00 for the downpipe/boost controller from GN1
$215.00+ for the TiAL wastegate (don't remember exactly what I paid)
$1490.00+ altogether when new. This figure did not include any shipping.

I'm willing to part with everything for $900 + shipping and Paypal fees. More details and pics to come in seperate posts as I dig this stuff up. I will probably pull the turbo this weekend and the downpipe/WG/boost controller will be pulled when my new stuff comes. Like I said I have already had some interest in this stuff so if you want get in line in case things don't work out with the other prospective buyers.:)

Here's an excerpt from a PM I sent a friend of mine last September with more info about the turbine housing:

Just wanted to let you know I pulled my turbo & DP on Monday & Tuesday, and got the wastegate hole enlarged from .94" to about 1.1" (it's slightly oblong but that's about the average measurement). I also removed some material inside the turbine housing to smooth it out and make a freer path to the wastegate for the exhaust gases. I pulled the downpipe and turbo out of the car as a complete assembly rather than seperately and stuck my finger up into the turbo and felt the wastegate hole, and I could feel a lip where it wasn't lined up completely with the hole in the DP flange. This is no longer an issue since I made the hole in the DP bigger than the hole in the turbine housing.

Here's pics of the downpipe and dump pipe. Obviously the ones I'm selling are the ones that are on top in each pic. I just took these pics so I could have a lasting reminder of why I have dumped so much money into this car:biggrin:. I'll post pics of the turbo after I get it pulled from the car:

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

I also wanted to add that the downpipe and dump pipe have been joined with a band clamp rather than a U-bolt clamp ever since the day I put them in so there was no crimping of either pipe.

OK, the person that was first in line wanted some time to think about this but it's been 4 days since I last heard from him and unfortunately I can't hold out any longer. I need this stuff gone. Second in line was only interested in the turbo alone but I'm not ready to split this stuff up yet (I don't have an exhaust housing for the turbo without the WG hole ported yet so I don't know that it would work with an internal WG downpipe). First $950 takes everything including shipping in the lower 48. I'm really not sure how much shipping will be since everything besides the turbo is still in the car so I'm taking a bit of a chance with that price. I don't want to remove the other stuff until I have a sale since I don't have another downpipe yet. I'll have pics of the turbo to post shortly.

Turbo pics--it may not be clocked quite right since I just had the exhaust housing off for a cleaning and fresh coat of paint.

Attachments

• DSC00114.jpg
    DSC00114.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 613
  • DSC00115.jpg
    DSC00115.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 606
  • DSC00116.jpg
    DSC00116.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 608
  • DSC00117.jpg
    DSC00117.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 601
I just checked again and now that the turbo is out of the car I can perceive some shaft play on the exhaust side when I move the shaft from side to side. When I last checked it it was still in the car with the downpipe bolted up and the MAF pipe removed and I could not tell it had any play. There is no end play (in & out movement), just radial movement and not enough for the wheels to contact the housings. There was no smoke from the exhaust with it in the car. Since the turbo is going to need a rebuild I'm reducing the price for everything to $750 shipped in the lower 48 states. Since the downpipe, TiAL wastegate, and boost controller sell for $740 or so brand new this would almost be like getting a turbo in need of a rebuild for free.:eek:

I'll split this stuff up now if anybody's interested. Paypal fees not included.

Turbo $150 shipped, $190 with an unported exhaust housing included

Downpipe, dump pipe & all 3 wastegates $530 shipped

Boost controller $70 shipped

Do you have an unported exhaust housing? Like I said this one may be opened up a bit much for an internal wastegate.

Turbo is sold to Randy Greenoe

Make offers on other stuff but please no lowballing. Gotta have money for the new parts to replace the old parts:biggrin:

I also have a never-used Gbodyparts turbo oil feed line. It is complete as shipped to me from Gbodyparts last year; I just removed it from the package but never used it. Sells for $45 + shipping from them, $35 + shipping from me.

Attachments

• DSC00118.jpg
    DSC00118.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 446