nitrous and pac together

john evans

i'm interested in seeing if anyone is using n2o and alky together.what kit are you using and what kind of timing are you using?thanks

I believe the NOS site has some jetting charts for N2O and various fuels. David Vizard's book on Nitrous Systems (they have it on Amazon.com) has a chapter on N2O and alky that is useful.

hth,

Jim

PS I have a Vortech and dual N2O system with a separate fuel cell. I may run alky in it, race gas or a combo of both. Pix at:

http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/id1.html

Larry, Forcefed4, was on the dyno at 460 WHP and hit the button to 500 WHP aith a 35 shot.. no fuel was added..

I know of one other car that runs NOS and alky..

I'm chicken :D

come on ,julio.a small shot would put you over the top.easy 10's. how would you use it ?hit the button after the 60' mark and pull the adjustable timing down to 18 degrees or so ,or wait till half track to hit the extra power?

Originally posted by Razor
Larry, Forcefed4, was on the dyno at 460 WHP and hit the button to 500 WHP aith a 35 shot.. no fuel was added..

I know of one other car that runs NOS and alky..

I'm chicken :D

Yeah...with the small shots, it hardly matters at all.

I was running what was theoretically a 30 hp nitrous jet, but the bottle pressure was only about 750 psi. The boosted run was 479 whp then it jumped to 500 whp with the nitrous added (and all else the same). When we made the first run with the nitrous, I was also activating the fuel solenoid and the car made less power than without the nitrous. It dropped to 460ish. It was easy to see why....the A/F was off the chart rich (lower than 10:1)the whole time :D So, I then sprayed only the nitrous with no fuel enrichment over what was run with boost alone and the power came up to the 500. So...on my car at least, theres no need to worry about adding extra fuel with the small nitrous shot. I could probably spray a true 50 on my car without adding any extra fuel at all and still be fine A/F wise.

We were having problems getting boost to hold though (wimpy wastegate can), so the car actually made LESS power with the nitrous (500) than it did the previous dyno session on boost alone (505). I couldnt fix the gate until getting home, but now I have it alot stiffer so it will be easier for me to blow the car up. LOL.

Originally posted by john evans
hey 4sfed4, that is a real beast you have there.what kit are you using on your car?
It is Razors alkycontrol.com progressive kit with dual nozzles (one M10 and one M15). Works like a champ!

Originally posted by john evans
ME TOO.HOW ABOUT THE NITROUS KIT.

AHH OK...thought you were talking about the alky.

The nitrous kit is just a wet kit I pieced together. A "kit" is really quite simple, so one can save alot of $ just finding good deals on the components. The big savings is on the bottle....just get a CO2 bottle and you save alot of $ for the same basic bottle.

Im probably going to take thje nitrous off my car though....its really just a waste and takes up space as I never use it.