Nitrous Express N-tercooler

JASON

THE ORIGANL FREAKZILLA
Has anybody ever herd of the Nitrous Express N-tercooler ? if so good? bad? what? here it is...

Might be interested in...

... the "Rich-Lean Safety Sensor"
This Next Generation safety device assures you that a
malfunction in your system will not result in engine damage.
The "Rich-Lean Safety Sensor" calculates air/fuel ratio on
a continuous basis, monitoring the safety of your engine's
operation. If the overall air/fuel ratio drops below 10.5 - 1
or above 13.0 - 1, the sensor relays this information to the
nitrous system, instantly disengaging it. The NX electronic
Air/Fuel Ratio Monitor allows you to track your air/fuel
ratio from the cockpit during nitrous usage.

Have a brand new dual stage Compucar system:D

how does the N-tercooler work is it like a nitrous kit and spraw into the moter or does it cool the intercooler?

It is just a nitrous solenoid run into which looks like a tube that surounds the intercooler with tiny misy holes in it to spray the nitrous on the intercooler to cool it. There is no nitrous being sprayed into the engine itself but onto the outside of the intercooler. If you know how cold Nitrous is you can understand how this can be effective.....

If you already have an existing kit, would it be possible to make your own tubing and whatever else is needed?

That would require a ton of holes(little tiny ones) drilled into some type of tube(probably aluminum)they would need to be identical in size, and uniform ditribution. If the pris=ce is right I'd rather buy one.

I was thinking about doing something like this with an A/C evaporator and some ball valves, just T-ing into the A/C plumbing and you can switch between usable A/C and a brass 'core' in front of the IC, just turn off the a/c compressor before you stage, the evap. should stay cold throughout the run..... might work, not ambitious enough to try.

if you alredy have nitrous stuff lying around like i do then you should be able to just buy the spray ring.

im thinking of plumbing nos in my motor but i could t off the feed line with a purge setup to the spray ring on the i/c

Hello;

I like the A/C idea , I have been toying with that in my mind. I was also thinking since I have the exhaust cross overs block on my engine of pluming and pumping cold (ice)water though the intake.

But I do like the A/C idea, the only thing is you can not have any thing dripping from the car when you pull up to the line. they will not allow you to run.

Call Mike @ NX (1-940-767-7694) He helped me engineer my nos
kit from my 95' Caprice to my 98'Jeep grand Cherokee 5.9.NOS
said it was impossible.The truth was they could'nt sell me a kit so they did'nt care to help.Mike was great to deal with and I highly recommend NX despite all the bad press NX has received.

Has anyone heard of a faster Jeep Grand Cherokee then mine?
13.58@100.46 1.992 60ft http://inet5.cmsinter.net/ryan/jeep.jpg

Guys I emailed NX To see if I could just buy the spray bar to add to my NX Kit, we will see if they e-mail me back, last time I E-mailed them it took 3 weeks to get a reply, so might just have to give them a call.

I also have a few tricks I can going to try using Nitrous and my NX kit to spray some juice on my intercooler, will keep you posted..............

I wonder if another inert gas would be better (colder), I'm sure there are others that are cheaper...

Hmm, I almost wish I hadn't sold that Heat Transfer book back to the book store sometimes...... wait a minute! I don't buy books that's right! :cool: That's what cribs are for.

no problem

I was looking at this system and it should cost you about close to nothing to make if you already have a cheater or powershot noid.
i am making it as we speak but instead of that little ring they show, it will go along the entire edge of the intercooler inside the enclosure, i am using some left over aluminum fuel line and used a tiny drill bit aiming all the holes torward the fins. this makes for a much bigger ring. and all you have to do is seal off the other end of the line with a cap from a flare fitting set up. i hooked this up to my second stage purge system. no sense wasting the NOS when you can use it to ice up the intercooler. by the way how much is this thing i figure you could make it for about 10.50 minus the noid.......good luck i will let you know how it works on just motor because with the other 7 nozzles going i thing the air will be cold enough...........:cool:

Dude, you are WAY too into n2o. That's friggin' insane. But, I have to admit that I know genius when I see it, and that's genius. Let me know how it works, email me some pictures, quote me a price.:cool:

nos in the intercooler

i have that setup with the nos in my intercooler. its a fogger type that freeze the intercooler when you r at the track and its pretty warm. You give like 3-4 shots and the intercooler goes freezing!!! :cool:

This setup is to help on hot days at the track most of all.

one nozzle

Was wondering were you had the nozzle pointed at..since its only one nozzle is it spraying on just one spot of the cooler. was just wondering cause this new rail i am building should freeze the entire outer rim on the cooler. it might take alot longer spray but that why your supposed to have at least 2 bottle if not three in the car:D