No 1 Cyl not firing

Are you absolute sure it's #1?

Try this. With the motor completley cold, start the motor for 15-20 seconds and shut it off. Jump under the hood and feel each exhaust pipe coming off the head. Be careful. They will be hot except for the one that is missing. It will be cold. Is it still #1?

Oh yes, is No. 1. Have swapped plug wires around, changed plug, injector, and confirmed with a Noid light that the signal is going to the injector, nothing has helped. Compression same on all cyls.

Are you absolute sure it's #1?

Try this. With the motor completley cold, start the motor for 15-20 seconds and shut it off. Jump under the hood and feel each exhaust pipe coming off the head. Be careful. They will be hot except for the one that is missing. It will be cold. Is it still #1?

Or grab one of those little guns that shoots a laser beam and reads temps. They sell them pretty cheap at harbor freight, and that way you could do that even after it's been running for a while and not burn your hand off :p

1. You have fire from the coil pack 2. your injector is working check the grounds on the back of the pass side cylinder heads maybe 1 broke or came loose WEAK valve spring or broken is the spark plug wet or the same color as the rest if you were close i would just have you bring it to the shop and we would fix it keep posting all your test results so we can help you bud

You could be loseing a driver in the computer check your tps voltage should be .038 to 4.86 or as close as you can get it there at wide open throttle

:::When the wire is pulled from the coil terminal, it pops voltage so I'm assuming it's firing the plug.::::
Well just a thought - have you removed the plug wire from #1 cylinder and plug another spark plug to it and observe to see if it is firing at the plug or not.No spark and you have a known good plug wire and plug then more then likely it is the ECM driver . Just my three cents .:biggrin:

Do you have access to another ecm from a friend you could put your chip in it and try that and see what it does or try a different chip bud

Am certain it's No. 1. This car has a FAST system, no ECM. I suppose it could still have a driver problem though. Whats puzzling to me, idling it's a steady miss, going down the road normal it misses, then clears up, them misses, clears up. When you accelerate, it does not miss, and may run OK, but it might backfire out the tailpipe, loudly.

Has been suggested I check the crank sensor, will do that this week. Thanks for the input.

Wish I were close to your shop, you would get a shot at it.

A common problem w/ some of the LSX engines and the crank sensor...Crank thrust is toast, the crank rides forward, interrupts the signal... missing occurs.
Same can be the problem here.

On the first page I suggested switching injector plugs 1 and 3. Did you do this? If the miss moves to 3 then you have eliminated a lot. Now granted fueling for those 2 cylinders will be off a little but they will still fire. Its a test that will take you a few minutes to do.

hey hey

On the first page I suggested switching injector plugs 1 and 3. Did you do this? If the miss moves to 3 then you have eliminated a lot. Now granted fueling for those 2 cylinders will be off a little but they will still fire. Its a test that will take you a few minutes to do.

Kevin whats up with ya if he sends me a log i might be some help :eek:lmao