No AC...is there a fresh air vent?

FastB

My car has no AC (I didn't remove it), I was wondering is there some kind of fresh air vent that can be opened to have some kind of air moving inside? If there is, how do I open it and get it coming out my vents? Btw, my AC controls are gone also. Thanks

older cars draw all of the air for the heater from a plenum at the base of the windshield.. all of that stuff was built into the HVAC "suitcase" on the G bodies starting in 78, so if your entire HVAC sytem is gone, then the air intake is gone.. you could do some fabrication work to get air from the base of the windshield, or you could find a complete heater setup from a non-AC equipped G body and put it in your car.. but good luck with that- they were rare when they were new, and there aren't very many left...

Ahhh...that's what I was afraid of. I guess I really need to look into putting a aftermarket AC system in...Vintage Air has a universal kit that will utilize the stock vents. Just seems like a difficult install...but here in Arkansas AC is a must!I

I hate it when a/c is removed from a car ,especially here in the south where its 95 degrees out but it feels like 110!!!

Ikr, but this car came from Wisconsin and maybe it's cooler there...but I can't drive my car during the summer.

hello; My AC has been on the fritz in the past and it gets hot in the old TB. The lack of air flow sucks. If it happens again I 'm going to try those little fans they sell that plugs into the cig. lighter. You'll get some air to move but it probably won't work well.
IBBY