No help in Texas?

rlohrey

Finally got my car back from mechanic. Claims to build race motors. After a year and a couple $k, my car barely runs. After replacing the headers he sold me, they were cracked and leaked, I find that at 3k rpm, my motor loses power, starts making hellacious metallic noises and generally makes me cringe thinking it's about to self destruct. So...
Can anyone near NE Texas recommend a shop that not only knows how to tune a stock 85 GN, but will do the job without the rip-off I've just gone through? At this point, I'm so tired of the car, I would just like to get my money back from trying to get it running. Converted to vacuum brakes, new stock turbo(if I had known going in how much I was going to spend, I'd never went stock), rebuild of lower end, new fuel pump, etc.
Yes, I'm somewhat mechanical and have worked on both bikes and cars for 40+years, but my health prevents me from doing any of that at this time. I just need some honest, reliable help and am willing to pay for it. It seems there is no such thing in, or around Paris, Tx.
All help is appreciated. I don't want to race, just have a nice GN that will get me from point a to point b faster than a....Ford Focus.

You might consider gathering as much technical information as you are able on the extent of the work that has been done, then contact Nick at: http://arizonagn.com

He is a very sharp & busy guy, so make sure you have as much info available for him as possible.

Good luck.

Theres got to be someone around Dallas that can help, if you were around the Houston area Id give it a look.

A vacuum leak can cause pinging. Check your hoses, egr, etc. Check blm on a scan tool.