No more 2nd...

unix_punk

Looking for some input on what could be the most likely cause of 2nd slipping so bad it's basically non-existent. Will not shift into 2nd when in D, have to take it up past 25 mph, let off completely and then it will shift into 3rd and be fine from there on into 4th. A manual downshift from 3-2 with foot off the gas does pretty much nothing and when I press the gas it free revs. If I get into 3rd in D or OD and get on it so it downshifts to second it releases 3rd and just free revs as well... I am thinking band or solenoid. Trans had very firm shifts in all gears even at 115k miles...that is until the te-60 came along and brought it's 30psi... :) Ever since then the 1-2 shifts have been gradually getting softer and weaker with every pass, while 2-3 and 3-4 are still fine and firm.

Something possibly (temporarily at worst) fixable in the garage? Don't have the $$$ to call up Jimmy's yet...

Same symptoms my 1st one had. After removal, Art Carr build was in order. 2nd(band) was GONE completely.

Yea, figured as much... Dunno how hard the band is to replace, but i figured if it was the solenoid that actuated the band that maybe I could do it myself.