no oil going to turbo

nickd2689

i just did an intake gasket on my 84 regal, now i have no oil going to the turbo, i took the oil pump apart and packed it with vaseline. the oil pump looked fine (gears werent chewed up or scratched). I do not understand this at all, it was working fine before i did the intake. car has 42.5 injectors, adjustable FPR, warlboro fuel pump hotwired, T33c turbo and chip. Please help.

i just did an intake gasket on my 84 regal, now i have no oil going to the turbo, i took the oil pump apart and packed it with vaseline. the oil pump looked fine (gears werent chewed up or scratched). I do not understand this at all, it was working fine before i did the intake. car has 42.5 injectors, adjustable FPR, warlboro fuel pump hotwired, T33c turbo and chip. Please help.

How did you check oil to the turbo? Did you prime the motor to see?
Maybe the CAM Sensor is not installed correctly (??) or clearances waaaay to loose for the low rpm, or line plugged.

after the intake gasket job i never hooked up the oil line again, i cranked the motor for a while to check, but no oil. it was working fine before so i doubt it is the cam sensor, and i know the line isnt plugged cause i can blow through it without any restriction. this is definately getting aggrivating though, ive spent the last week working on this car and im so close to having it running right.

Personally, I don't like Vaseline.
I put the pump together with assembly oil and prime with a cordless drill and oil pressure gauge. Never had an issue.

Waaay back I put Vaseline in the pump.
One thing that always scared me it the "Vaseline plug", until the oil get hot and the pressure is there.
I know results vary :eek: , but I am real A*** when I assemble anything on the motor.

how do you prime it with a cordless drill? and what kind of assembly grease? what happens to the vaseline anyway? does it mix in with the oil? sorry for so many questions.