no pulse at injectors,no fuel pump voltage ,no check engine light.

chris718

converted customer car over from dfi to brand new stock wiring harness and ecm.no check engine light present,ground present at injectors no 12 volts,and no fuel pump.the pink and black wire to the ecm does not have voltage and there is no fuse in the panel for injector ive or fuel pump.both ecm fuses are good and a few terminals have voltage at the ecm with it unplugged.spray fuel in she fires up ,ignition system fires coil and plugs.12 volts to the fuel pump test port fires the pump up.relay doesnt click with key on.there is a positive power supply missing in the form of a fused circuit to key on run or an eec relay.anyone know where the fuse is?i will also check tomorrow to see if any sensors have voltage so we know the ecm isnt completely dead.the wiring schematics i have are crappy and the guy in illinois who built this for the customer was a filthy wirer.any help is appreciated.

Might want to check the following link. Might help, I'm having a similar problem, although it's just my fuel pump. I'm thinking it's just the relay which I havent had a chance to check yet.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36039

There is a connecter on the fire wall that can be jumped to check if the fuel pump is working. And a bit of a schematic drawing on the last page. Couldnt hurt to look if you're still stumped.

thanks,i cant get on that forum because waller had me blacklisted.he bad mouthed some of our products and i let him have it.

Ah, thats sh*tty. Looking through your post again, there may not be much more info than what you've already tested anyway.

gnttype.org has a ecm pinout,get it and make sure all power asnd grounds are present at the ecm

Sorry CHris i missed that it was a typhoon,If you know someone with an ALLDATA system they should be able to get you the pinout also.If you go to ALLDATA.com you can get a subscription to a particular vehicle for 1 year for a small price.It will have any info you could possibly need

the new harness had a 10 prong plug about 6 inches from ecm plugs that fit into the ecm and travels under the radio toward the steering column.in this plug is a pink and black wire that brings current to the ecm and the fuel pump via the ecm.there is also other wires in this connecter that power the ecm.someone cut into the pink black wire and powered up something else.i didnt see what wasnt working when i disconnected it from where it was going(not supposed to be going i should say)reconnected and it fired right up.strange thing was that the tps and waste gate solenoid had power even with this off .this confirmed that there are several wires that power up the ecm,some not wired to the ecm fuses in the panel.nyhow the dfi wasnt meant for this thing as it runs much better without it.the only thing i dont like is how this thing fires the injectors.very primitive.the gn had sequential 7 years before this thing and they went to a multiple batch fire system.this permits cold fuel to be shot at a closed intake valve ,vaporized(not good for performance)and left there to absorb heat until the valve opens and sucks it into the cylinder.this would be great for cold cold climate cold starts but not for this type of vehicle.makes you wonder what the engineering department was thinking.maybe this used a modified tbi computer thus the 2 powers and 1 ground at the injector plug.i went bananas after i took out the dfi and not the injector harness looking for a 7 wire plug for the injection harness until b hartmann told me that there was only three.i was pissed to say the least.i never would have suspected that.i thought they sent me the wrong harness.

Chris,

Thanks for your explanation of findings with the wiring situation. :cool:

Since alot of us deal with stock & after market ecu's, with an assorted wiring schemes & patch work we can appreciate the frustration you went thru.

Glad all is now well :)

Joe