No-Start after Injector and Chip Install?

Yankee John

Well, Last night I finished installing my 42.5 lb greentop injectors and TT chip. I went to start it- and it wouldn't run. It would turn over and try to fire, but it just wouldn't "catch". The car never failed to start for me before.

I double-checked all of the connections, plumbing, hoses, etc... and everything is in place. The injectors were used, but I had them tested, cleaned, and flowed this winter. I made sure my Translator was set according to Erics instructions (I run a 3" LT1 MAF).

What next guys?

Thanks in advance for your input!!

John

Did you unplug the injector harness or the power to the computer at the battery? Coil pack and the ground that comes off the firewall? Nothing else comes to mind for an injector swap or chip install.

injector harness,orange wire by the battery for the ecm,maybe try reseating the chip,does the chip have anti-theft feature?

I tryed reseating the chip- no change. I swapped the original chip back in- Still a no-start, but it was different in that it didn't seem to "fire" as much as the TT chip did.

Swapped in a new MAF for giggles, no change.

Back in my old Holley carb days, The way it's acting I would swear it was a timing issue!

John

I've found that cleaning an inj and then not running lube thru it can/will, after a period of sitting, stick shut.
If you have had the injs for some months after cleaning, you may have some of them in that condition.
You mite try removing them, and turning them inlet side down, and rapping them on a wood surface.

You DO have fuel pressure, right???

You DO have fuel pressure, right???

+1

You sure that the injector harness isnt unplugged on the back of the intake?

Does the check engine light illuminate key on?

Check your fuse for IGN/ECM on the fuse box.

Injector harness is plugged in, But I'll unhook and reconnect it again to make sure it's seated.

Fuel gauge on the rail shows 40+ psi, and the check engine light is on, on the dash.

I'll check that fuse!!

Thanks for your help guys!!!

John

Did you put the harness on exactly how you took it off. You can cross the injector plugs if not paying attention. Hard to do, but at this point I'm just throwing out ideas.

Are the plugs wet? Do you smell fuel after cranking? Cam sensor ok?

You don't have a fuel leak at the rail by any chance at the regulator easy thing to loose the o ring that's on the fuel line. Also does the SES light come on when you turn the key on

Thanks for the extra ideas folks! The more I think about it, I think Chuck might be right about some injectors being stuck.

I was talking to one of me employees today (he has a MONSTER Subaru WRX STI) and asked me if I lubed the injectors when I got them back from cleaning and flowing. I said, lubed? I just put them in a ziplock bag, still dripping solvent, and put them on the shelf. First thing he thought was stuck injectors too.

Looks like I get to do the job all over again. At least it should go faster- now that I know the process!

Thanks again for all the help!

John