No start. No spark. No pulse.

Yes I know there's a ton of threads (I've read mostly all of them)

I picked up an 87 WE4 not running. Previous owner stated they did a camshaft swap and now it has no spark. How true this is I do not know but the front of the engine has been apart so it is a possibility it has been done.

This is what I've got/done so far:

-Verified fuel pump and pressure
-Checked spark got nothing
-Checked injector pulse got nothing
-Have power at injector plug
-Replaced crank sensor
-Verified cam sensor is turning
-Set cam sensor (have not replaced but seemed to be reading when set?)
-Replaced coil and module with known good
-No codes
-No RPM on Scanmaster when cranking

Any direction on where to go or what to test next would big a huge help, thanks!

Check for power on the module plug. With key on, pins P and M should have power. Both are pnk/blk wires.

Try this. Pull the coil pack off the module. Put a test light between any of the single wires and the 3 lead blue wire. Crank the car. Does light flash??

The wires from the cam and crank sensor go directly to the module. You could ohm out the circuits between the plugs.

If a wire is broke it's usually close to the plug end.

Good Luck!

Rick

Replaced crank sensor

-No RPM on Scanmaster when cranking
Sensor installed in the correct slot???
No crank signal, no tach output. Virtually nothing will work.

Still nothing.

Crank and Cam wires and connectors all test good for continuity. Followed the complete no start tree and ended up at step 12 with 9.58volts (not 10v) and CKT 641 tested good.

9.58 v is close enough. That's not the problem.

Are you checking injector pulse with noid light?

Did you try the test light test on the module??

Yes using a noid light and nothing I can manually jump the sensors and get a pulse. And yes I've done the test light test and all power on the wires that need it. Have a 3rd computer and another cam sensor to swap in now.

Yes using a noid light and nothing I can manually jump the sensors and get a pulse. And yes I've done the test light test and all power on the wires that need it. Have a 3rd computer and another cam sensor to swap in now.

If the module fires the test light it should fire the coil.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Still nothing with a different ECM and brand new cam sensor. What test are you talking about maybe thinking of something different.
But keep in mind the module and coil are both off of a running car.

i went through a the EXACT same problem as you,i was on 12 on the no start tree too,turboburick can vouch for that.i tried 3 brand new ignition modules from autozone,and two brand new from oreillys,all wich tested good.new cam sensor crank sensor,etc.none would work.i ended up using an original ign module from someone else, and pow i got spark.now the only difference i could tell with the ones that wouldnt work was that i was getting between 4.5 and 6.5 vdc on the aftermarket brand and 8- 9vdc on the delco part.
so what brand ign module are you using?my car is very finicky and wont run without a delco unit.
one of the autozone ones would work on another car but not on mine.
also once i put the working one in i had to move my cam sensor a half inch.make sure you test that ccci fuse after every module test i blew a couple between changes and testing.