Non buick car problem...

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
well my good buddy has a 94 or so olds cutlass supreme... and it rained pretty hard today here in michigan and all the streets got a little flooded..

he cruised through a pretty big puddle and was going pretty fast and as soon as he got almost to the end it stalled out and wouldnt start up again... we tried to crank it after an hour and i thought it might just be something wet but it had no affect

the car acts like it has full power... windows go up down, lights all work... but when we try to start it... it will kinda crank like the starter will engage but it will not turn over at all... he held the key for about 10 seconds and it finally turned over 1 time and that was it... wouldnt turn over after that..

so i am just wondering is it possible that the motor seized or would this maybe of just wiped the starter? the water didnt get over his exhaust tip but couldve gave the starter a pretty good bath

any reply is appreciated

Pull all the spark plugs out,Crank it over(STAND BACK)One or more cylinders are filled with water,If you wait till tomorrow the water will have made its way past the rings and should start,But change the oil right away.

Originally posted by dragonational
does it have a distributer on the motor the points may be wet. Just a thought. Harry
94 Old Cutlass.
Definetly not distributor:)

yeah my thought was that water got sucked up into the motor but i just didnt see how really... but the motor was really sounding like that

exhaust wasnt under water and the air intake wasnt either but he did fly through the water like an idiot and couldve gave it all a good bath while he was on the gas... sucking up some water through the filter...

well i will find out today by checking the oil first and then i was thinking about trying to turn over the motor by turning the crank pulley with a breaker bar and if that doesnt work... pull the plugs and try again?

After a day now,I would try it with the key,Take out the air filter and see how much water is in it,The water in the cylinders probably made it past the rings by now,if not best to pull hte spark plugs and crank it over,If its got water in even one sylinder you wont be able to crank it with a breaker bar.If it doesnt crank pull the plugs and crank,It also could have seized,But unlikely.