non-buick general question

IronEagle119

Guys, I cracked the oil pan in my 90 corsica and the guy at the junk yard told me I had to wait till tomarrow to get the pan because they can't get the oil pan off without pulling the entire motor for some reason. Instead of getting a new pan can I just get the pan welded with it on the car it's only a small pinhole size leak. I've never pulled an engine before so this is definatly gonna cut into my porting and polishing funds for the GN's heads. I'm looking to find a cheap solution to my problem here.

Thx,

wipe it down real good and JB weld and duck tape and a paper clip with some chewing gum. :p

If the crack is long then you might want to do what is called a stop drill hole. Drill a small hole at the ends of the crack. This will keep the crack form getting bigger. Its the same fix that they do on airplanes when there is crack. Then you need to clean up the airea real good. I like to use denatured alc. It works good for cleaning up the oil from the metel then use JB weld to fill in the crack and holes. Hope this helps