Nonprogressive SMC alcohol kit

jessecool

I am installing this SMC kit i recently purchased on a 85 hotair. The kit includes a controller, 1 M10 nozzle & line, reservoir, and submersible pump. Now my question is, since the pump is submersible. What is the best additive to mix with meth to keep the pump lubricated? And are there any downfalls from spraying meth?

I ran that type for many years and used Marvel Mystery Oil as a pump lubricant. Never has a problem. Uplon Klotz also makes a pump lubricant for that set up. I think I would mix about 3 ozs per gallon. I also ran denatured alcohol (ethanol) and not methanol. Meth may be harder on the pump/ seals than denatured with your kit. Good luck and have fun!

With that kit denatured alcohol is recommended. I used the klotz lubricant when I ran the SMC.

I ran the SMC single nozzle non progressive kit for several years also. I used 100% denatured alcohol(bought it from Home Depot or Lowes) & although I did use Marvel Mystery Oil & Klotz at times, the other 95% of the time I'd just spray a nice 3 second shot of WD-40 in with it...

The Darkside:cool: