North Alabama TR's

Well

Thats kinda what this thread is about!!! = Are there any out there?? As far as seeing them @ Steele well there aren't hardly any near there. Or @ least any ones that would impress you with a good ET.. I live between Gadsden an Birmingham an know about every TR in N. Al.. Here in b-ham we have 5, 10 sec cars an 1, 9 sec car that I know of.. A while back some fast TR's from GA showed up @ Steele.. We need to get both of theses states together for a meet whenit colls off a bit more.. Friday night @ steele is useless with allt he teenagers there taking up the stage lanes with 16 sec cars.. If we could get a test an tune on a Sunday that would be better!!! But i'm not sure they t&t every sunday , sometimes they run the ft. brake classses on Sun.

I'm 1 of the TR from Atl we go up to steel on Fridays every so often.
They don’t make us wait in the staging lanes we get VIP treatment. I assumed they did that for all the Buicks. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Greetings!

Hello, Don't know if I've been seen around Huntsville but it is where I work. I live N.W. near the border. I have a grey "87 T. It is my second Buick turbo, first was a dk. blue '86 T-type. destroyed in '93 (not my fault). I have owned a TR since '88. Current one is alive again, spun rod bearing month or so ago near Coldwater, TN. I would be interested in meeting other TR owners in the area. I have seen a few about but not many compared to my native Detroit (moved down in '98).
Any recomendations on a shop to get front suspension work?

H. Howard

Alan???

Hey Alan, is Red Stone going to be holding any car shows soon? When and what kind of gathering are you considering? I am heading back to Arab tomorrow and should be there for the next 8 days or so.

David Morgan

straycat990 said:
Hey Alan, is Red Stone going to be holding any car shows soon? When and what kind of gathering are you considering? I am heading back to Arab tomorrow and should be there for the next 8 days or so.

David Morgan

Theirs in the spring. Here's an idea. On Sept 24 the Arab customs and classics car club hs having a cruise in at the Piggly Wiggly in Arab. It's free, they give door prizes and the hardies across the road carhops. I've only managed one trip this year It's mostly 60's muscle and street rods. WOuld be nice to show up with a whole gang of the baddest muscle car of the 80's :smile:

WHo's up for it?

Alan, what time are you going to show up for the Arab cruise in? I will definitely be there and I hope numerous other TRs will be able to make it to the event also.

See Ya'll there.

David

BTW .. this also is the last "cruise in" for the year being put on by Arab customs and classics car club.

I haven't even thought that far ahead.

Probably around the time it starts 6:00 PM.

WHo else is coming out.

I'm going to visit Decatur, AL this weekend and wonder what are some good things to do. Please let me know. Thanks,

JB

I'm going to visit Decatur, AL this weekend and wonder what are some good things to do. Please let me know. Thanks,

JB

Well I won't be there this weekend (family reunion). Plus the white car is missing the dash pad right now (finally got into putting straycat) into it.

But be sure and hit the space and rocket center. There may be street racing going on at moulton, and some bracket racing at Huntsville.

At Huntsville Dragway, test and tune is Fridays from 6:00pm to 11:00pm, Sundays 1200pm to 5:00pm. Bracket racing is Sat.
Track is located off of Hwy. 53.

Just courious guys. At one time there use to be a Heart of Dixie turbo regals based on Huntsvlle. We should ogranize and dominate the street and strip.

What ever happened with this? I'm a relatively new guy to TR's but I now have 2. Some local expertise (read club) would be invaluable to some of us.

I live in Gadsden we have 1) GNX 2)TTA"s 2) Turbo T's and some hot air T's here. I think it may a thing where there are not just enough people to get it going.

cruise inn

they are a cruise in at springville exit at walmart tonight. guess i'm going to take the 31 roadster down and try and sell it. come on down tonight.

Attachments

• 100_0740 (Small).JPG
    100_0740 (Small).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 513
So Folks here's an idea. Septemberr 1 is Just Kruzin for the boys ranch in Danville, AL. It's a cruise not a show so there's no trophies. It's a just for fun thing and the kids at the boys ranch enjoy.

One more weekend ought to have me a running car again.

So anyone who's interested come out. We can plan a track day later.

WHo's in.

I'll PM my cell number to those who are interested for a meetup.

What is the times for the cruise-in. I'm always looking for a reason to cruise through the forest.

While everyone is looking at the pics note the high # of mustangs in attendance. Would be neat if the TR's outnumberd the Moosewangs.

I'm in Harvest, not far from 72 and Wall Triana. I have the Danville cruise in penciled in on my calendar :)