North Florida TR Outing

Originally posted by Addicted2boost
Well shouldn't the water molecules supress knock, therefore be able to turn up the boost? :D J/K

I suppose so, But no matter how much boost you have If your car doesn't have oxygen, there is no power. Your car doesn't run on water.

Jason: I can't figure out this weather deal either. I had a great time on Tue with all of the Buicks also. Can't believe we had that many out there. I was having trouble getting a good 60 foot time with my best being a 1.84 and 7.47 et. I again replaced my gasket from the uppipe to the turbo and went back last night to Jax and was able to do a best of 1.71 short time and et of 7.28. But the mph was a real good 97.8. I don't know why this car won't launch better but I am having fun trying to figure it out.
Later. Glenn

Hey guys, how about a december 17 run out at jax again? It could be our annual once a month meet up during the cold season. I'll be there because it's GM night and only $10 to run.

Another thing to think about. Now the Friday night program is only a gamblers race or test and tune. Since most people are there for the gamblers race it was almost all race cars. Very few street cars. I got 4 runs in easily and left at 8:30. There was never more than 2 cars in line for test and tune. Apparently this is what they do on Fridays now. Glenn

Damn, I wanted to go back on Friday also. Dec 17th is on my list, too. Very nice to have such a strong showing on Tuesday.

HOTAIRS LIKE IT COLD
well atleast thats what i thought.......10.16@71.07, i guess not too bad for a mostly stock hotair. you gotta start from somewhere right? :confused: had some voltage problems i need to investigate.I couldnt really get past 14# without knock, next time i should try some race gas. great turnout for TR. i just hate all the mud at jax im still cleanin the stuff out of my wheel well :mad: count me in 17 dec. if i can get everything straight and runnin good. i would like to get some definate times before i start ripping everything apart for mod's. whens the next BOP meet??
(p.s. lets keep the 10.16@71.07 between us:D)

Let's just say there was something weird about that night. I don't think anyone was really happy with their times. I kept bumping the boost up between each run and my 60' times kept getting better, but my ET's and MPH did not.

Yeah I was surprised I didn't make better times either. Hotair, you need a SMC alky injection kit on your car bad. Trust me, I wish it was the first mod I made.

Count me in for Dec 17 also. I really enjoy it when we get a few Buicks out there. I don't like the mud either. I wish they would do a few upgrades at the track. At least they put up the digital timers.

Hotair, you need a SMC alky injection kit on your car bad.
once i get some definite "stock" times i plan on pulling the intake and doing some porting and removal of internal constrictions. upgrade the fuel system,chip, and maybe santa will bring me an alky kit for x-mas;) anyone know how much slicks run, and where i can get them for a decent price?

Hotair, you have the right idea on the intake manifold. I remember seeing a pic of a ported hotair intake and it was just crazy how they did the porting on it. I think they had to cut open the bottom portion of the manifold so they could port it and then weld it back closed????? Correct me if I'm wrong. But you'll definately notice a big difference on the DUAL nozzle alky setup. Yeah, that's the ticket. (Thumb's up) :D You'll see even a bigger difference when you upgrade your turbo. Go to like a TA49 or whatever the hell can be fitted on those hot things. :D L8R

i can only do so much on the intake porting, not too experienced with welding so im not going to try to cut it open- just what i can reach. the guy who used to make them like that was in sarasota fl. but his shop got ripped off and cannot afford to keep his business. another place will port it for 350 but i like to do my own work under certain circumstances.i only wish i was handy with a torch:D thinking of taking a course at FCCJ. i see the SMC kit is like 3$$:eek: i guess it is worth it in the end though. me and 19yearboost need to catch up with you guys!

Take a class at FCCJ and I'll help you hack it up. :) I would actually buy a spare if you can; the hotair intakes are cheap. I will probably be there again next term taking another machining course.

Next Tuesday is the 17th. Are some of ya'll still going to the track?
Weather should be nice for our turbos. I plan on going. The more
the better. Let me know who will be there. Glenn West