Norwalk results?

it was a perfect day for racing. The coolest thing I saw was this guy driving a 2000+ buick regal supercharged. PERFECT SLEEPER! This thing looked like something your grampa would drive, and it clicked off numerus 12.0x runs!

I also checked out the hrpartsnstuff tent, and they had that new rear sway bar setup there. Paul said it will be ready for sale just after the nats. The thing is huge, and from before and after pics of a launch, seems to REALLY help launch and straighten out the car as it takes off. I don't know if I'm gonna want to pay 400+ bucks for it though......

Stan & John Zerruka won the q-16[70 Skylark chassis car]
Sonny Seal crashed his 69 GS pretty hard into the wall at the top end of the track[hes OK]
seen a nice 87 dip into the 8.90s,the car didnt look like it was that quick,ie not that big of a tire

overall a pretty good day cept for the sunburn on my face

Keith

Cross posted from the TSM Discussion Forum:

Once the rain cleared up on Friday, TSM was given the green light to run the full quarter mile. Qualifying and eliminations were completed in the course of only 3 hours. In total, there were 12 TSM competitors half of whom were registered for the point series.

First place went to Dave Bamford who turned in a string of 10.0 passes - all weekend. Dave had the best looking/fastest TSM combination at the event, bar none. If I recall correctly, his best ET was a 10.04 and at one point he eclipsed 135 MPH. Scott Claridge from Strongville, Ohio redlighted against Dave in the final. Scott's car was running strong and turned in a few passes in the 10.6 zone at ~128 MPH.

Dave Stinson from Indiana took third place with an extremely clean and good looking GN. I recall he ran a 10.76 at some point. Brett Rudbeck qualified third with a 10.71 before smoking his transmission and (again) knocking the MAF pipe off his turbo. Jason White drove all the way up from Mississippi and collected a few rounds worth of points by placing fourth.

Originally posted by gofastr
it was a perfect day for racing. The coolest thing I saw was this guy driving a 2000+ buick regal supercharged. PERFECT SLEEPER! This thing looked like something your grampa would drive, and it clicked off numerus 12.0x runs!

Did it happen to be green? If so, I've seen it run several times and I'm always in awe. His name is Scott, real nice guy and gets sponsorship from Intense Racing. I believe he has the M112 blower rather than the M90. This car is the ultimate sleeper.;)

definitely perfect weather for turbos...i didn't see a car run slower than 13.5 most of the day...most were in the 11's and 10's that's for sure...saw a few high 7's and lots of 8's 9's

that was my first time at that track and all i gotta say is WOW...they do a nice job over there...of course i didn't race my car since it is getting the driveshaft and ujoints replaced...but it was a very fun day...and i got lots of video...hopefully i will post soon

I ran a best of 12.02 on a full hot air 85 Grand National. I think we could of had the 11's when running the 1/8 mile passes on Friday due to the fact all times on one of the slips is faster compared to the 12.02. I was really happy with my performance and plan to have that 11' time slip at bowling green. :)

Originally posted by gofastr
The coolest thing I saw was this guy driving a 2000+ buick regal supercharged. PERFECT SLEEPER! This thing looked like something your grampa would drive, and it clicked off numerus 12.0x runs!
I heard it clicked off a best of 11.85@114 :eek: