Norwalk Rocked!!

turbo6x2

10 second hot air
Yes, the weather wasn't the greatest, but this is still one of, if not the best Buick event in the world. Many thanks to Roberta and Bill who work really hard to make sure this event is organized. I know this takes a lot of time and hard work and we in the Buick Community appreciate it. This is a well planned event and the best track in the world. Thanks again! :D

Gotta agree that Norwalk Race facility is very top notch. Not only are the stands voluminous, bathrooms very up to date (they have the infrared sensors for the faucets), pits have paved roads, they have a very sticky track that gets the proper attention (by 3 guys nonetheless) whenever traction becomes an issue. The only thing holding it back from being the absolute best for turbo buicks is the lack of racing fuel with greater than 112 octane.

Oh yeah...you can get a pound of ice cream for a dollar!:eek:

The Norwalk Race Event (correct me if I'm wrong) is the fastest all Buick Race in the country. This will soon be the PREMIER Buick event in the country.

The bump for Quick 16 was 9.66. WOW!!!!! The racing surface was the Best I have ever driven on. I wish I had done better in the race......but there is always next time.

Why can't Bowling Green be this good?

DR

Because too many politics, not ran as organized and the track isn't Norwalk, with one of the best staffs out there. Now if this all were to happen the nationals would rock too. But unless certain management changes I don't see that happening.... :rolleyes: ;)

THANK YOU EVERYONE.Roberta & Bill
I had a great time cut some good lights with my new 2 step .
Car didnt cooperate to much .I had a great time good to see my old friends and I always meet new ones.Felt sorry for Sonny tho
No one got hurt thats the important thing .some real fast cars
Dave Bamford congrats on TSM .see you all in 10 days

Originally posted by turbodave231
The Norwalk Race Event (correct me if I'm wrong) is the fastest all Buick Race in the country. This will soon be the PREMIER Buick event in the country.

The bump for Quick 16 was 9.66. WOW!!!!! The racing surface was the Best I have ever driven on. I wish I had done better in the race......but there is always next time.

DR
Dave and all, thanks for the nice compliments, which is a major part of the reason that this event will go on again next year, may have the date by the end of the week for 2004, right now it looks like the weekend of May 1!
The bump for Q16 was 9.564, in the 2nd round of qualifiying, with 9 BB's and 7 Turbo's, that is a pretty even split.
Car count was up and so was spectator, the track management is very impressed with that, especially in this economy. We continue to gain every year, and I think they sold alot of pounds of ice cream even with the chilly air and wind! So everyone is happy, Bill and I had fun even with the amount of work that goes in, the track personnel do a wonderful job, and the volunteers that help. And all the participants, vendors and spectators had a great time too! Only thing that will change for next year will be a punch card system for time trials, to make sure everyone gets at least one, and we have to have more event shirts available! any other comments or suggestions are more than welcome email me here

Results

Results from the car show and RaceDay are now available at HERE
Email me your pictures as I left my camera in the hotel room all weekend!EMAIL RV

Great track! You really felt like a professional drag racer with the track announcer. Great work to all that help make this event happen. Will plan for next years trip.

Artie

I have been to many tracks all over the country and nothing even comes close to Norwalk. The staff and track was great. I still can't believe I got my best 60ft time in the rain. Roberta why don't you invite the BG crew up and show them how to run a show. Great job Roberta and myself and the rest of the NYC/ Long Island crew will be back next year. :)

Berta I have pictures of each of the cars at the car show and will email them later this week. Didn't have much chance to go around and get video of the runs, too busy playing. If you missed this event you really need to attend next year and see what we are talking about.. :cool:

Originally posted by turbodave231

DR

What happened Dave? How did the new combo work?

Re: Results

Originally posted by Buickracer
Results from the car show and RaceDay are now available at HERE
Email me your pictures as I left my camera in the hotel room all weekend!EMAIL RV

I see Dotson's car ran a 7.56?! He must've really turned it up..that's almost half a second faster than last year at the Nats. He'd better take the "Underdog" off of the doors. :)

Re: Re: Results

Originally posted by KendallF
I see Dotson's car ran a 7.56?! He must've really turned it up..that's almost half a second faster than last year at the Nats. He'd better take the "Underdog" off of the doors. :)
Best I saw from him was a 7.97. Damnnnnn that car smokes a lot - must be a loose ringed motor...or in need of rings!:D

Luman's crew put in a new motor from Duttweiler that was a "7.30 tune" as per Kenny D. First pass, spun the tires HARD and unfortunately Dave kept trying to get back into it. I say unfortunately because on the next pass their new Coan transmission went snap! Prolly hurt it going in and out of the throttle on the first pass. Boy would that have been cool to see! :cool:

this was my first time being at norwalk and the track was extremely nice...good staff and lots of TRs! unfortunately i couldn't bring my car because it's getting a new driveshaft and ujoints put in...but i guarantee i will be back next year to race instead of watch...keep up the good work over there at norwalk...it was a real fun day for me...got to go to cedar point afterwards as well:cool:

btw ohio kinda reminds me of indiana...NOTHING BUT FIELDS!

Nothing happened to the car. I just can't cut a light worth a sh-t!
I redlit in the first round, and still am trying to figure out exactly where to hold the boost for a consistent launch off the new t-brake 400. I just need alot more "seat time".

The car ran an 11.14@118 with a 1.50 60' on 23 psi boost (wet track too!). If I can get my dang scanner to work, I'll scan the picture of the car on that run with the wheels in the air.

Get a life, cut a light!

Dave, I understand the cut a light thing as I red lighted every run Thursday and Friday, and Sunday was let's not redlight day, as I ran several slow cars and had to sit there forever! Looking forward to some real lights next week, as I have a little bit of seat time and the car is as right as it's going to be at this time, it's consistent as hell, but the driver needs a clue! And with some concentration, the driver might be there, look out!R

I never seen so many redlights at an event. I redlighted 3 times. It can't be us it has to be the lights are out of time :eek: :) :)
I think with no wheel spin due to great track prep was the reason.

I think it was the drivers LOL I seemed to be okay with the lights ran a few .575 and so. Now if I could of just had Karl leave the fuel alone and trying changes, may have been consistant. That's what Bowling Green is for. I hope to have 0 knock and ready to get that 11 second slip. Then try a couple different chip combinations. I hope to get it rocking for Saturday, would like to run a couple of rounds. Hey in the last GS Extra it was supposed to list the days and times, mine didn't anyone else get the information? I guess I'll have to wait till Tuesday. Right now just trying to get the exhaust to clear (hard to do with Karl working 15 hours days) and we should be ready to rock. Had to pull the tranny to get to the exhaust so a converter swap is in the mist as well. Can hardly wait to have the hot air there..... :p